chapter thirty six

THIS WILL BE A FLASH BACK CHAPTER.

day of mekhi's "death"

AUBREE STARED OUT the window, tuning out kentrell as he tried to talk to her. she just set her boyfriend up. her boyfriend who she loved.

a tear fell down her cheek as she silently cried. although the love she had for mekhi was unbeatable, she still had to leave him. not only cause she was seeing someone else, but because of catherine.

the older lady always told aubree, that she didn't need love or need a relationship to be happy. and seeing as aubree is gullible, and can be easily manipulated, she listened to catherine.

cheating on mekhi was wrong, cheating on him with lil murder was even worse. but getting involved with top? that was a death wish. and catherine knew that.

that's why she forced her to get with him, claiming they would be perfect for each other. months of secret mental abuse from top practically ruined aubree. but she didn't leave him, catherine would he disappointed if she did. so she dealt with it, soon she began to think it was okay.

getting no response, her real boyfriend rolled his eyes, "why you mad? this was your plan."

she ignored him. "bitch answer me." the boy snapped, grabbing her wrist tightly.

"i regret it. is that what you wanted me to say?" she spat, glaring at him. she snatched her wrist from him, rubbing it.

he chuckled dryly. "you can't do nun bout it. he's dead, and your not leaving."

aubree gulped, her eyes watering. she fucked up. that's what she get for fucking with TOP.

he clearly didn't care about aubree, or her feelings. he just enjoyed the sex that they had. but aubree was starting not to enjoy it, everything seemed so wrong.

"your mom wants you at the safe house." kentrell glanced at her. aubree ignored him, making him sigh. "you kno i love you."

"love me? this isn't love kentrell." aubree snapped. "none of this is love, how the hell are you okay with this?"

"i'm gettin paid. that's all that matters. if i gotta fake it i will." kentrell shrugged. "your getting paid to fuck me?" aubree frowned. "you ain't know? ya aunt been payin me to fuck witchu. i wouldn't do this shit for free."

"you seriously didn't kno?" kentrell chuckled, turning his head to look at aubree as he stopped at the red light. "this whole time, i've been gettin paid."

"what the fuck is wrong with you! she's selling my body and your okay with that?"

"money is money."

aubree couldn't believe what she just heard. her aunt was literally paying somebody to fake love her, and fuck her. she was being sold, as if she was a doll.

* THIS IS STILL A FLASHBACK *
( a day after aurora's "death" )

"it's done. aurora has been killed." catherine announced, she hung up the phone and placed it down onto the table. saint smiled, handing the briefcase full of money to catherine. "thank you."

"this is risky. you are aware of that?"

"if i didn't know that, i wouldn't have asked." saint rolled his eyes. this was his one chance to get mekhi to himself for a couple years, knowing aurora was now gone, and mekhi's brothers believed he's dead.