chapter thirty three

AURORA TUCKED A PIECE OF HER dyed curly hair behind her ear as she walked with mekhi. they were going to visit lil murder's daughter, aurora felt guilty that her dad was taken away from so soon.

her stomach poked through her light blue shirt, obviously meaning she was pregnant.

aurora spent all night looking through lil murders phone, she ended up finding the address where his daughter stayed with her grandmother.

"it isn't your fault." mekhi spoke up, he could see the guiltiness on aurora's face. "i know khi but i can't help it. her father is gone, if i didn't go meet with him that night, do you think he would still be here?"

"i don't know rory, but you can't keep thinkin about it." mekhi told her, aurora nodded to his words.

"this is it." mekhi looked up at the building, aurora swallowed harshly and walked into the porch with mekhi behind her. "knock."

"me?? you knock!" - "why the hell would i knock aurora? you knock."

"no need, i seen you two coming already." a old lady shook her head, her body leaning on the door sill. aurora awkwardly smiled, "i'm aurora."

"the girl my son was ordered to kill, i'm aware. i'm amirra, his mother."

"you know?" aurora frowned. "he told me everything, and it hurts to know my baby boy is gone. come in, both of you."

"you must be mekhi. the other male that slut aubree was stringing along." the lady looked mekhi up and down. "yes ma'am."

"don't seem so tense, i have no problem with either one of you, it's with those sluts aubree and catherine. they played my son and turned him into this cautious person, he was never like this."

"he told you everything? like everything..?" aurora followed the lady into the living room. "yes, my son was always so honest. sometimes it was a gift, other times it was a curse. i'm sure he told you about his daughter?"

"yea, he did. i jus wanna say i'm so sorry for your loss, he didn't deserve that at all." aurora apologized, "i feel - don't say you feel guilty. it isn't your fault love. you didn't drag my son into this shit, your bitch ass mother did. i don't blame you, no one does. if anything we thank you."

"thank me?" - "thank her??" aurora and mekhi spoke at the same time, a shocked look written on both faces.

lil murders mom laughed at their faces, "my son was so worried about you aurora. all he could think about was if he really killed you or not. and when he found out you were alive, a weight lifted off his shoulders. his next goal was apologizing to you, but he could never find you."

"that's why he was at catherine's warehouse with dthang." aurora muttered, "he was going to kill catherine.."

"and set you free. i never understood why my son goes by lil murder, i don't like the name and i never will. his name is naseem. not lil murder." his mother shook her head.

aurora made a mental note in her head, remembering his name in her head for purposes unknown. mekhi took a seat on the couch, aurora following him.

"would you two like something to drink?" she asks, aurora politely declined while mekhi eagerly shakes his head yes. "you can go take a look in the kitchen, help yourself to the snacks to."

mekhi grinned and shot up from the couch, leaving the two alone. amirra turned towards aurora, a thoughtful look on her face.

aurora swallowed nervously, "did i do something?"