Part 37

The week that followed was relatively uneventful. The three went back to work. The boys were put on light duty and instructed to ease back into their normal jobs. The same happened with Ashley. She was told not to do any heavy lifting and to take breaks when possible. Their schedules went back to normal, which meant that Ashley was done a couple of hours before the twins each day.

She used that time to do some Christmas shopping. Finding what she wanted to get for Murphy was easy, just because it was more accessible. Connors present took more digging, more calling in favors. If she didn't have the car insurance money, none of it would be possible.

She got Murphys gift and was able to hide it in her suitcase, under the bed. The boys never looked there, and there would be no reason why either of them would do so before Christmas. Connor's would take more than a week. On Thursday, she got a call after the three were done dinner. When she answered, she was surprised to hear Mary on the other line. "Hello?"Hey, Ashley? It's Mary."Oh, hey Mary, what's up?" Ashley sat on the couch wondering what the surprise phone call had in store.

"I have the day off tomorrow. Usually, I'd spend it doing laundry or trying to sleep, but I'm all caught up with laundry and wanna do something. I was wondering if you'd wanna go to the mall?" Ashley was surprised by the invitation, she liked Mary so she agreed.

The next day, almost right after work, Ashley met her at the mall. They did some shopping, mainly window shopping, until they came across a lingerie store. "You mind if we go in here? I wanna grab something real quick." Mary said with a blush spreading over her cheeks. "Sure." Ashley smiled and nodded.

As they roamed the store, Ashley spoke with a slight giggle in her voice. "So things going well with you and Rocco then?" Mary bit her lip as she stopped going through the lacy items in the drawer. "Yeah. I really like him. We have another date this weekend and I think I'm gonna ask him to stay the night." She said, holding up a lacy green piece.

"Damn. That would look amazing on you! Are you nervous?" Mary shrugged."I don't know, kinda. I think I'm more nervous that once we do it, it won't be the same, or he'll lose interest." Ashley shook her head."I don't think that's really Rocco's style, to be honest." Mary was quiet for a moment before she held the piece up again."You think he'll like it?" Ashley smiled wide and nodded."Definitely."

As Mary pulled it out of the drawer, she looked back at Ashley. "Why don't you get something?" Ashley raised her eyebrows as she looked around the store. "It has been a while." She said, remembering the first time they had been together, the last time she had bought something like that. They browsed the store a little while longer before she found something she liked. She kept with the theme of Christmas, picking out a dark red two piece.

She bit her lip at the thought of when she would wear it. Was she ready to be shared by them again, or would she wear it for each of them separately? She didn't know that yet, what she did know was that she was gonna look damn good in it and the boys would love it. The girls grabbed food from the food court before leaving, waving goodbye to each other.

When Ashley got home, the boys were there, and she quickly hid the bag in her dresser, but not before the boys saw. "What's in the bag, love?" Murphy asked from the couch. "Nothing. And if either of you look, I will kill you without a thought, " she joked. They both raised their hands in defense.

The three hadn't been to the pub since before they went back to work, too tired from getting back into routine to go out. Tonight, though, tonight they were back at it with plans to enjoy their night thoroughly. Ashley hopped in the shower, pulling the curtain back, much to the boys' dismay. When she got out, both boys were dressed and ready. "I'm gonna be a bit longer getting ready. Why don't you two go, I'll catch up."