Part 32

For a Wednesday, the pub was fairly busy, Kathy was working, and the three found a spot in front of the bar. Kathy quickly served them up their usual. Ashley sipped on her beer while the boys stayed at their usual pace. Taking no time to down their beers and ask for seconds. It was nice to be able to fully relax in public now, no worry of who was watching.

The night was lively and fun as the two boys got wasted, celebrating the clean bill of health the three now had. They played darts and shot the shit with the regulars that had been there the first night she had come home that she had brushed off in her state of panic.

Ashley stayed somewhat sober throughout the night, and on their walk home she got flashbacks to the night Murphy had fought that dock worker and called her a whore for how she was dressed. Murphy again was beyond wasted, but this time was being super affectionate, calling her pretty and leaning his head onto hers nearly knocking her over. "Jesus Murph, I told ye we'd have ta drag yer drunk ass home." Murphy stopped in his tracks and lifted his finger to Connor. "Lords name." He stated trying to be serious.

Connor crossed himself as he rolled his eyes. "A'right, let's go ye drunk mick." Murphy pulled his hands from Connor "I'm fine! M'girls got me, don't ya love?" He asked as he put all his weight onto her in a huge bear hug. "Oh my God Murphy! Get off!" She laughed as she struggled to stay standing. "Yer gonna crush the poor lass, let's go ye prick." Connor said as he pulled Murphys arm over his shoulder.

When they got back to the apartment they threw Murphy onto the bed. As usual, Ashley couldn't stand to let him sleep like that so she started undressing him for bed. She thought he was passed out until he grabbed her and pulled her onto the bed. She was left straddling him as he pulled her down to a kiss. This felt different, to be in this position, she felt like she had all the power. She didn't feel vaunerable or trapped, until he flipped her onto her back.

With Murphy now hovering over her, his face buried into her neck she began to panic. "Murphy." He kept kissing up her neck to her ear, lacing his fingers in her hair. "Let me make you feel good love." With that the sobs wracked her body, flashes of Cody pinning her to the bed. She shut her eyes tight and pushed Murphy off as hard as she could, knocking him off the bed. Her eyes went wide at the realization of what she did.

With her chest still heaving, she slid off the bed next to where Murphy had landed. "What the fuck?" She helped him up "Murphy, fuck, I'm so sorry." Her brain was a mess, hearing Cody's voice over Murphy's, hearing Murphy say almost the exact thing Cody had said to her. She knew she couldn't let this go on, she had to tell them about what he did. Get it all out there and work from there. But not now, right now Murphy was too drunk and slightly pissed off at being tossed off the bed.

She tucked him in and kissed his temple as she muttered another apology to him, falling on deaf ears as he was already snoring. Connor had watched the scene unfold, unable to get to Murphy in time to pull him off her when he heard her panicked voice. Murphy was on his ass before he knew it, and even with the seriousness of the situation he couldn't help but chuckle as his brother rubbed his sore ass as their lass tucked him in.

When she plopped herself down beside Connor she huffed a sigh. "I think we all need to have a talk." She said as she leaned into his chest. He knew she would tell them eventually and it seemed she was coming around to the idea of letting them know. "Aye lass, I think we should." She layed on his chest and inhaled his intoxicating scent and before she knew it she had dozed off.

She woke up in the bed, having been carried there by Connor. She faced a still sleeping Murphy and over his shoulder saw a naked Connor washing in the shower. She wanted nothing more then to strip down and go to him, be with him, touch him, bathe him, revel in his touch, but she couldn't because in the moment she didn't know how she would react. She remembered what had happened last night with Murphy and the guilt ate her up.