Daggering Elijah

Dakota's POV

"How are we supposed to dagger Elijah before Klaus gets here?" I ask Serena as I pace. We have music blaring. While Damon is on the phone to Stefan downstairs.

"How long do we have?" she asks me.

"Six days" I tell her and she curses.

"Damn it, we finally deal with the werewolf problem. Now this" she mutters. We stop talking as the track changes. We hear Damon say something about a crafty dagger. We share a look and race downstairs. To see him holding the silver dagger we were looking for.

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses" Stefan tells Damon.

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises" Damon tells him.

"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan asks and I smirk.

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us" Damon tells him. He notices us. "Got to run. I've a murder to plan. Busy day" he says and hangs up.

"Where'd you get the dagger?" Serena asks him.

"John" he says.

"Did John happen to give you some ash as well?" I ask.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he asks.

"Only way to put down an original" Serena states. "At least, that's what we've heard" she adds. "Why didn't you tell me about it?" she asks.

"You were worried about Dakota and I didn't want either of you involved" he states.

"Yeah, well we're involved now" I tell him.

"Question is, how are we going to lure Elijah somewhere alone?" Serena muses.

"Well I am on my way to the grill to discuss that with Ric and Andie" Damon states.

"You're latest blood bag?" I ask.

"She is very good in bed" he says with a smirk. Serena and I roll our eyes. "If you both are coming, I'm driving" he states.

"Great, I think it's time you introduced your 'girlfriend' to your little sister" I tell him. We all left the house and he drove us to the grill. Andie was there waiting for us. Damon introduced us. We then order drinks as Ric joins us giving Damon a report on his tour with Jenna and Elijah.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asks him.

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming" Ric states.

"He is charming" Serena agrees.

"You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon asks him. After giving Serena a look.

"Kinda do" Andie agrees.

"Not kinda, definitely does" I state.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here" Ric says looking at Andie.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?" Damon asks her. She agrees and they kiss. I roll my eyes.

"This is to weird" Ric states.

"Agreed" I say. I'm used to Stefan dating, but not Damon.

"I just need the right opportunity" Damon states as Jenna enters the grill with Elijah. "Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend" he says teasingly to Ric. As they walk over and Damon greets them.

"Hey guys" Jenna says. "Dakota, nice to see you back in town" she states.

"Couldn't stay away" I tell her with a smile.