Stefan's First Game

Dakota's POV

"I can't believe you let her keep my book!" I exclaim. Stefan just told me he'd let Elena keep my book.

"Borrow, she's going to return it once she's read it" he states.

"I don't care, it wasn't yours to lend out. It's mine and I want it back today" I tell him as we reach the school. "There she is, go tell her I want my book back. Otherwise I'll get it myself" I tell him firmly before storming off to class.

(Hall way) Stefan's POV

I sigh running a hand through my hair. I didn't think Dakota would be this upset over me letting Elena read her book. I walk over to Elena and her friend Bonnie. "Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Bonnie" I say with a smile.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later" Bonnie says before leaving.

"She doesn't like me very much" I say.

"She doesn't know you. She's my best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you" she tells me with a smile.

"Can I have the book back?" I ask her.

"Why?" she asks me confused.

"It belongs to my twin and she's not happy that I let you borrow it" I say sheepishly.

"Oh" she says. "Here's what we're going to do. Are you and your twin free tonight?" she asks me.

"Yes" I tell her.

"Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, me, Dakota and Bonnie. We will spend some quality time and Bonnie will get to see what a great guy you are.  I can give Dakota her book back personally.Mission accomplished" she states. I hear a ball heading our way and turn to catch it. I look at Matt with Tyler. I throw it back at Tyler before going inside with Elena.

"That throw was insane. I didn't know you played football" she says.

"I used to. It was a long time ago" I tell her.

"So why don't you try out for the team?" she suggests.

"Yeah, I don't think so" I tell her.

"So you don't like football?" she asks me.

"No, I love football. I think it's a great sport. But in this case, I don't think football likes me. You saw Tyler over there, and we both know how Matt feels" I tell her.

"They don't know you. To them, you're mysterious loner guy. Wouldn't hurt to be part of. Make some friends" she tells me.

"Says the girl who spends her alone time writing in a cemetery" I say.

"Hey, come on. There's more to me than just gloomy graveyard girl. There's a whole other Elena that you have yet to meet. She was into everything, very busy" she tells me.

"Well, I look forward to meeting her. And when will that be?" I ask her.

"Soon. She's working on it" she assures me.

(Time skip) Dakota's POV

I skipped history. I got a text from Damon saying he'd pick me up. I'm sitting on the bleachers and Stefan joins me. "So we've been invited to dinner tonight" he tells me.

"And I care why?" I ask him bored.

"Elena wants to return the book personally. So invited us over to her place for dinner tonight with her and Bonnie" he states.

"Yeah I'm not going" I tell him.

"I thought you wanted your book back" he says.

"I do, but you're the one who gave it to her. You will retrieve it, I am not going to her house" I tell him annoyed. "Now why are you here?" I ask him.

"I'm gonna try out for the team" he states.

"Let me guess, Elena's idea?" I ask him. He doesn't answer and heads over to the coach. Who happens to be our history teacher. Not long after I see Damon arrive with Caroline. I smile and walk over to his car. Passing the cheer leaders.

"Oh, my God. That must be the mystery guy from the grill" I hear Bonnie say.

"That's not a mystery guy. That's Damon Salvatore" Elena tells her.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan and Dakota?" Bonnie asks her.

"I got the other brother. Hope you don't mind" Caroline tells Elena. I notice the scarf around her neck. I get into Damon's car.

"Hello little sister, have a good day?" he asks me.

"Nope, and you could do better then Caroline Forbes for a blood bag" I tell him.

"What can I say, she's good in bed" he says smirking as we leave school.

"Stefan has been invited over to Elena's tonight for dinner. With her and Bonnie" I tell him. "He lent my book to that whore" I tell him.

"You really hate Elena" he says.

"I want her gone or dead" I tell him. "She reminds me so much of that bitch Katherine. Who ruined our lives and Stefan is falling for her" I snap.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure we have to leave and he won't see her again" he tells me.

"Good" I say as we arrive home. "Have fun" I tell him and go inside. I find Serena in the living room. "You'll be happy to know Damon has found a human blood bag and won't be killing anyone. Anytime soon" I tell her.

"Good, we have to keep a low profile" she states. "What has you in a mood?" she asks me. I give her a look. "Honestly Dakota, she's not Katherine" she tells me.

"Yet Stefan is falling for her and choosing her over us. Just like he did with Katherine in 1864" I tell her. "If we stay much longer, Damon will fall for her also just like in 1864. And we'll lose our brothers again" I state.

"That won't happen, we won't allow it" she assures me. "We'll hand her to Elijah before that happens" she states.

"And risk being hated by our brothers for the next century in a half?" I ask her. "We need a third person to do it. So that we don't lose our brothers" I tell her.

"That's smart, I shall look for someone. Until then we play nice" she tells me.

"I hate that part" I grumble. Damon returns and greets us. Before going upstairs. Not long later Stefan returns and greets us before going to his room.

(Time skip)

I'm in my room writing in my journal. When there's a knock on the door. "Enter" I say while not looking up from my journal.

"I brought your book back" Stefan says.

"Place it on the table" I tell him.

"Elena was up set that you didn't come to get it" he tells me.

"I don't care" I state.

"Damon was there" he tells me. I look up at him. "He's been invited in now, he could hurt her" he tells me.

"And I could careless about that. She'll be fine as long as you don't anger Damon. Besides Serena will keep him from doing anything stupid" I tell him.

"I have my first game tomorrow night, will you be there?" he asks me.

"Sure and no doubt our older siblings will be too" I tell him. He nods his head and left. I return to writing in my journal. Making a mental not to disinfect my book and table.

(Time skip)

Serena, Damon and I went to the football game. I saw Damon try to compel Elena to kiss him and growl. I tell Serena and we went back to the boarding house. "Everything will be fine" she assures me.

"Only when she's dead like Katherine" I tell her.

"And she will be, but we must be patient" she tells me. "I think there's another reason Damon is in town. Aside from causing Stefan misery and I want to know what it is" she states.

"Fine, I'll help you discover what Damon is up too. But you have to find someone to take Elena away" I tell her. She nods her head and we decide to watch a movie.

A/N

Picture above of the Salvatore Siblings and their day rings/necklaces.