Damon's Return

Dakota's POV

"Remind me again why I have to go to school?" I ask my sister as we share a blood bag each.

"To blend in and get Stefan to reach out to Damon" she states. "Now no drinking from anyone, try to make friends" she tells me. I nod my head.

"What will you be doing?" I ask her.

"Trying to info out of Zach about the current council, while waiting for Damon. He is suppose to arrive today" she tells me. I nod my head. We finish our blood bags and meet Stefan downstairs. "Now stay out of trouble and have fun" she tells us.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Dakota stays out of trouble" Stefan assures.

"Why do you both think I'm going to cause trouble?" I ask them pouting.

"Years of experience baby sister" Serena tells me. We hug and I leave with Stefan. We go to the school and go to the reception. We give our names and the woman starts to look for our files.

"Both your records are incomplete. You're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts" she tells us. I lock eyes with her and compel her.

"Look again. I'm sure everything you need is there" I tell her.

"My twin forgot to say please" Stefan says as she looks back at our file.

"Well, you're right. So it is" she tells me. I hear two girls talking behind us and ignore them as she gives us our schedules.

"I have to use the loo, see you in class" Stefan tells me. I nod my head. We go our separate ways.

"Do you need help?" a dark skinned girl asks me. She reminds me of Katherine's servant Emily.

"Yes, I'm trying to find Mr Tanner's class room" I tell her.

"I have his class also, I'm Bonnie. Bonnie Bennett" she tells me smiling. So she's a descendant of Emily. Better not get on her bad side.

"Dakota Salvatore, I just moved back into town with my brothers and sister" I tell her.

"I take it, that guy was one of your brothers" she says as she leads the way to our history class.

"Yes, my twin Stefan Salvatore" I tell her as I play with my necklace.

"That's a strange necklace" she states.

"Family heirloom, my sister has one just like it. Our brothers have matching rings" I tell her.

"So where are your other two siblings?" she asks me curious.

"With our uncle Zach, they are twenty five. Where as Stefan and I are seventeen" I tell her. We reach the class room and I thank her. Before finding a seat. Soon Stefan appears and sits beside me. I notice the Katherine look alike and grit my teeth. To keep myself from attacking her.

"Calm down" Stefan tells me quietly. I nod my head and look outside. As he looks at her longingly. Honestly, he's hopeless.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union" Mr Tanner explains. I groan, I lived this once. Do I really have to sit through a lesson on it?

"Do you want to visit the family crypt after school?" I ask Stefan. He nods his head. I grab my sketch pad and start to doodle.

(Time skip)

Stefan and I are walking through the graveyard. When we notice Elena Gilbert running from something through the fog. We share a look and he goes to talk to her. I smell Damon and go look for him and find him in the family crypt. "Hello big brother" I say as I give him a hug.