𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭

༻✦༺14

༻✦༺
14

Stars run though my vision but a second explosion snaps me out of it.

I cough as I try to look around the debris. I crawl while my eyes linger around. I hit a body and gasp — slowly turning it around I'm met with George's immensely bruised face. He's dead.

All that hope to be a consigliere gone down the drain...

I take deep breathes and back away trying to find Eli. "Zafina?" A whisper echoes in my ear. In response, my head snaps in it's direction. "Eli?" I call back. "Yes, babygirl ."

That's not Eli...

A hand forcefully grabs me by the throat giving me no time to react. I start hitting the arm but they won't pull back. "Shhh, darling." The man puts his index finger on my lips.

I realize the whole wall had collapsed due to the explosion making it easier for them to enter and retrieve. "What do you want from me?" I yell in-between sobs.

The man deeply chuckles sending vibrates down my body. "Don't worry, you're safe with me." He slowly whispers in my ear as he rubs the tears away from my face.

I close my eyes in fear — a rampage of gunshots heard left and right.

"Put. her. down." A strong intimidating deep voice makes me snap my eyes open. Eli...

His hair and clothes are disheveled but he appears to have no injuries except for deep visible scratches. "Eli!" I shout. He looks at me with pleading eyes then gazes to the man behind me, his green eyes turn dark.

"I'm taking the one thing you value most, your woman." He laughs from behind me. "I don't think so." Vlad says as he comes out from the dark with a knife stuck in his chest.

The man tightens his grip around my neck while shaving a gun to the side of my head and this causes me to squirm around his grip. "Listen, if you want her alive, give me the warehouse."

"Pablo, are you that desperate?" Eli humours. "I've always known you were greedy and selfish — but never thought you this were lazy to work."

"You think i'm playing games with you?" Pablo shouts right next to my ear. "Stop shouting like a little girl you're going to make us deaf." Vlad exaggerates.

Pablo throws another bomb towards them in a fit of anger. A white van speeds in-between my view of Eli and Vlad as the bomb sets off. Now I don't know if they're okay or not.

The doors to the van immediately slide open. Pablo pushes me in while one of the men inside the van put a paper bag over my head — another one tries to inject me with a substance but I won't back down without a fight.

He grabs onto my legs and I kick him in the face drawing him a few steps back to hold his nose in pain. In an attempt to get up, I roll to one side after being repeatedly punched in the stomach. I latch onto his hair — pulling it until the blood inside my fingers disappear as he screams.

Standing straight and turning in a circle causes him to lift off the floor as he strives to get out of my hold. Pablo holds me back by my waist but I refuse to let go.

In a matter of seconds, his hair begins to fall off and I'm forcefully swatted back along with his hair in my grasp. After hitting the concrete floor, I focus my attention on my fingers — visible chunks of hair. As he screams in pain I look at him with a sly smirk. Big empty patches scorn his bloody head. "It looks like you're already balding." I mock.

A rapid set of footsteps can be heard behind me, so I turn to see what's going on. Eli's armed forces draw closer and closer.

Pablo hastily shoved me into the van and shuts the door. As soon as he gets behind the wheel, bullets start launching at his side. He hits the gas and swerves on the road while trying to put pressure on his wounds. I hear a deep chuckle and before I know it, the substance awaiting has been injected into my bloodstream.

༻✦༺