𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

༻✦༺  1

  ༻✦༺
  1

It's on cold winter nights such as this when memories fill my mind of what seem so long ago.

I don't know where my sister is nor my older brother. My mother's dead and my father? I'm not sure either and quite frankly, I don't care.

"Mama, it's snow!" Noah, my three-year-old son snickered pointing outside the frosted window. "Yes, it is." I warmly smile at him. "Would you like to go outside and see, perhaps?" I question and he stares back at me with wide eyes.

Ok, we all know what that means.

I grab our coats and quickly slip on our shoes. Walking down the street, he admires the falling snowflakes at a close proximity.

He sticks his tongue out and I quickly push it in and shut his mouth closed, "Mummy." He whined sticking his tongue out again. "Stop doing that." I laughed, "You look silly." I shake my head and he nonchalantly shrugs disregarding my comment.

"Alright, we've walked quite a distance and it's getting dark. Let's go back home now." My steps come to a halt as I gaze at the empty street.

"Can I get a choco mama?" He stares up at me. "Choco?" I repeat. "Yes, like the movies." He nods his head.

"Hm. Okay, we'll get chocolate powder." I tell him. "Marshmallows?" He squealed and I nod. "What about cookies?" He asks, "And cookies." I drag out.

The things we as mothers do to make our children happy.

We stop at a local bodega. "Hi, Josè!" I greet the clerk. He's Mexican with a loving family.

I've known him since I was 15. "Hey, Zafina! You brought the little man with you today?" He asks. "I always bring him with me."

Josè recently got diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He forgot Noah was my son last week, which made me distraught.

I grab the chocolate powder, cookies, and marshmallows from their respective places and put them on the counter. Josè and I indulge in a short conversation. "Bye!" I yell on my way out.

"Mommy, what are they doing?" He points at random men near a white van. "Uhm, I don't know. Let's mind our business." I dismiss.

"Mommy, are those humans?" Noah asks curiously. What?

The same group of men dressed in black load up what seems to be 5 bodies into a van in the middle of the street.

Reaching my phone in my back pocket to call 911 in alarm, a gravely low voice speaks from behind me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

What the-

I oblige only for the safety of my son. I heavily breathe in and turn my body sideways to take a glace at him.

Soulless green eyes stare back at me.

"Take her." He says. All of a sudden a mask is put over my head and my son is being snatched away from my grasp.

"No! My son!"

I feel a clothe over my nose and unconsciously inhale the continents it provides. I fight to stay awake but to no avail — being crept up by darkness, and 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

 I fight to stay awake but to no avail — being crept up by darkness, and 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

༻✦༺
First chapter yall! How is it?? 🤭
༻✦༺