𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐯'𝐬

༻✦༺9

༻✦༺
9

We landed in Russia 25 minutes ago and Zafina looks mad nervous. She wasn't nervous before, but she definitely is now.

I told her there's nothing to worry about & she replied with, "Shut up, you're not helping."

I texted my mom that we're on our way. She wanted us to stay in the mansion instead of my penthouse and I happily agreed.

She also told me that all the family is coming for dinner tonight & when I told Zafina that — that's when her nerves started to rise.

She said that we need to stop by my penthouse so that she can freshen up. She bathed Noah and I had a chance to shower as well. After she was done with self-care, we we're back on the road.

I couldn't stop looking at her in the dress. It wasn't flashy but it was elegant and it hugged her in all the right places.

It's going to take an hour for us to get to my home since it's quite far from civilization. Alexei is going straight to the family mansion so we'll see him there later.

Exactly an hour and 30 minutes pass and we're outside. It's currently 7:25pm and we're on time since dinner starts at 8:00pm.

In the large driveway, luxurious cars are parked and voices fill the house as we walk toward the front door, indicating that the rest of the family is here.

"You be fine, I promise." I tell Zafina. I pull her by my side and grip my hand on her waist with my other hand holding Noah's.

Before I could even knock on the door, it opens & my mothers face appears.

"мой сын любит меня!" My son does love me, she says sarcastically as she engulfs me in a hug.

As I laugh, she pulls back and her hands cup my face, "Я сильно скучал по тебе. Не оставляй меня так больше никогда." I missed you a lot. Don't abandon me like this ever again.

"Мама, ты слишком драматизируешь." Mama, you're being over-dramatic. I tell her. She joyfully laughs and hits the back of my head. In an instant, her expression changes. I furrow my eyebrows and she says, "Where is my daughter-in-law?"

I look beside me and Zafina isn't there.

Only until I sense her presence behind me & I chuckle. I turn my body sideways so that my mom can see her and she immediately does with a wide grin plastered on her face, "Моя дочь!" My daughter.