𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

༻✦༺  6

༻✦༺
  6

*play the song when I tell you to*

"He's the mouse and you're the bait."

Eli's words linger in my mind for a few minutes. It's so simple yet hard to understand. He gave me space to think about my decision moving forward.

Should I go with the plan?

I stand outside and watch the bus lady holding Noah's hand to ensure he safely gets to the doorstep.

As soon as he sees me, his little legs run to me and the lady who was accompanying him giggles. I mouth a thank you with a wave to which she returns.

"Mommy!" He shouts.

The new daycare I put him in offers to pick kids up for school and drop them back home as well.

I changed his pick up and drop off location to Eli's house because at this point, we're staying longer than one week. They probably think I won the lottery because of how big the house is.

So far Noah's been enjoying making friends that are his age group.

"Hey, baby. How was your day?" I ask him as he holds out his arms to be carried. He gives me two thumbs up with a smile and we walk back into the house.

I set his book bag down go to the living room and put "Paw Patrol" on for him. After that, I go to the kitchen and cut up some strawberries. I put them into a bowl and set them on the living room table for him to snack on while watching television.

Eli has been in his office all day and I haven't seen him since breakfast. Alexei travelled last night regarding urgent business and i've just been chilling.

Despite how I said I wasn't ever going to swim again, I did.

In the jacuzzi.

I hear faint footsteps coming from the hallway and I just know it's Eli. Everytime I see him I get butterflies. It's too soon to be feeling this way but the feeling just don't seem to go away.

Hopefully they will soon, it might just be a phase.

"Ciao." His inevitably deep attractive soothing sensational voice sends chills that begin to travel down my spinal cord.

Was that too much?

"Heyy." I reply back. He looks in between Noah and I then says, "Let's go to the park." Noah happily jumps and down flapping his arms when he hears what Eli says.