X, the girl with the ability

Well, I just got an idea how to get Karin back in the human world.

I fly into the Shinigami realm and as I landed onto the red sand, I let my wings still out open. The other shinigamis didn’t bother looking over since they knew I was just getting used to them. I walk down the path of animal bones until I reached the Shinigami prison.

One of the Shinigami guards looks down at me. “You already wasted 10 minutes of your time.”

I shake my head in disappointment. “I’ve been down there for only 5 minutes.”

Both of the guards scratched their heads. “Guess we’re too old we forget the time.”

“Okay, you can go in for 5 minutes.” They said and I walk down the dark cave again. They’re very stupid, I did use my ten minutes and I secretly stole their keys. Walking down the stone paths and at the very end of the hall where they kept my sister. I open the door and take out the keys.

Karin jerks up from her sleep. “Kenta, what are you doing?”

“Breaking you out of here what else?” I smirked and unlock the last lock. Karin gets up and feels her arms. “I’m started to feel things.” She said.

“Well, the sooner you’re done with L the better for you to go back as a Shinigami.” I said.

Karin glares at me and slaps my face. I turn to glare at her. “What was that for?”

She glares back. “You don’t know what love is.”

I grab Karin’s shoulders. “We’re shinigamis, we don’t feel any emotions!” I shook her back and forth.

“Then what did you feel when I gave you Shinigami powers?” she said.

I let go of her shoulders. “We don’t have time for this. Get on my back if you want to see L again.”

Karin gets on my back and I hold her in piggy back style. I cover her with my black feathered wings. I smoothly walk out of the Shinigami prison with out any suspicions. Finally reaching the hole of the human world, I fly out and flew towards the Wattari Orphanage.

Landing gracefully onto the grass of the front of the orphanage, I let Karin down. She smiles as she touches the ground with her worn out shoes.

Karin turns to face me with a small smile. “Thanks.”

“You’re going to regret coming back as half of a Shinigami.” I said and fly away. Not even looking back at her.

*Karin’s POV*

I watch as Kenta flies back to the Shinigami realm. I feel the wind pass by. I guess I can be human, for now. I smile and look up at the blue skies. A little tear slides down my cheek. “I’m finally back.”

I walk to the door and put my hands in a yelling position. “I’m home!”

I can hear some foot steps coming down the stairs. Matt and Mello jumped to hug me.

“We missed you!” Mello yells and rubs his cheek against mine.

“It wasn’t that long! I was there for only three days.” I said with a grin.

They let go. Matt just gives me a sad look. “You’ve been gone for a week.”  

“A week, you’re kidding right?” I laugh. “That’s crazy.”

“No, it’s been a week and L is working hard on the case.” Near said and comes down the stairs holding a girl’s hand that looks exactly like him, but she has longer white hair. She was also wearing a white sun dress and a gold heart necklace.

“Who’s this?” I ask and bend down to give the girl a smile.

“She’s X.” Near said. “She’s like me and Mello. Well everyone is in this orphanage, but she was chosen to be one of the letter agents. X was found at a facility in upper Japan. We’re still finding out what she can do. ”

I stand up straight and pout. “Kids these days are smart or weird.”

“You’re also weird in your own special way.”

I look up to see L. He walks down the stairs and then lifts his foot to scratch the other. I can feel my eyes go teary. I jump up to give L a hug. Good thing he didn’t fall backwards, because that would be embarrassing since my skirt is torn off.

L pats my head. “I’ll get you a new uniform when you get back to school.”

X clings onto part of my skirt. I let go of L and kneel down to her. “What is it?”

“Hug.” She says and points at me.

I shrug and let her hug my neck as I stand up holding her. Her head touch mine and then I can hear electricity sounds. Then it stopped. Matt and Mello were gapping at me and X. L and Near’s eyes just went wide a little.

I gave them a questioning look. “What?”

“Let her down.” L said and I responded.

When I let X down, I gasped. Her white hair changed into my black hair color.

Near twists one part of his curly white hair. “The power to change hair color.”

“Interesting, I’ll get some DNA from X to see how the scientist in that facility did it.” L takes X’s hand.

I stick my tongue out as they left. “Fine I’ll just stay here in my torn uniform!”

“L’s wrapping up the case.” Near said. “We shouldn’t bother him that includes you.”

Mello just sneers. “Yeah, but we have to find Madame Angel.”

“Speaking of half breeds, where’s Rain?” I asked.

“She left to get something from her apartment.” Matt said and takes out a DS.

I look over his shoulder to see him playing Pokemon Black version. I played this before but it was Diamond. I point at it. “Can I play?”

“Nope.” And he walks back up stairs.