The Cake Shop

*Karin's POV*

We reached a cake store, because L and Mello wanted to go there. So we went in and sat down at a six seated table. Mello was about to say four seats, but then noticed me and said five seats. L sits with his knees up to his chest and Near does it to, but with just one knee. Later a maid came over to our table.

 “What would you like to eat?” she said in her stupid cheerful voice. I said it was stupid, because the other maids were also doing the same ignorant voice.

 “A strawberry cake, chocolate cake, and strawberry waffle ice cream. Matt and Karin, what would you guys want?” said L.

 Matt wasn’t paying any attention to his surroundings. “I’ll have ramen.”

 “What the heck?! We’re in a cake shop not the ramen shop!” Mello yelled as he jumped out of his seat.

 Near was playing with his blue robot. “Stop yelling Mello, there are people.”

 Mello slowly sits back in place.

 “Fine.” Matt looks at the maid. “I’ll have a coffee with three sugar cubes.”

 The maid nodded and then looked at me. “Umm…” I muttered.

 “She’ll have a strawberry cake.” Said L. He then looks at me “You’ll love it.”

*L’s POV *

 I looked at Karin as she takes her first bite. When she swallowed, she stared at the strawberry cake. Karin’s blue eyes glittered. “It’s delicious. It’s better than Mello’s chocolate bar!”

 “I told you, you would love it.” I said.

She smiled. “The human world has so many things that I don’t know!”

“You just have to learn about this world. This might take you about approximately a month to know everything.”

Karin pouted. “I don’t want to!”

I point my fork at her. She looked confused at the fork that I was holding. “Look, people will think that you’re not normal and get suspicious. With a normal dead clueless human needs to know everything about the world. That person will take about a year to finish learning.”

I paused to make sure she was listening. She nodded.

I continued. “Since you’re THAT it will be easy to learn.

“You mean Shini-” Karin couldn’t finish, because Mello and Near covered her mouth.

I moved my hand to my mouth and started chewing on my thumb. “This might be difficult than I thought.”  

I look over at Matt and see that he’s laughing at Karin. He’s not playing his PSP, which means he’s done with his whole game. Matt’s cup looks empty from where I’m sitting.

“Hey, Matt.” I said.

He looks over. “Yes, what is it?”

“I was wondering if you still want your ramen.”

“Nah, I’m fine.”

I moved away my thumb and take a bite of my last strawberry. “We should get going it’s been a long day.”

“I agree.” Near said. I take out a new cell phone that Near bought for me. Since Mello and Near told me that my old one was thrown away after my funeral.

“Hello, Mr. Hugui. We need four beds ready at the Orphanage.”

“Well, we only have two rooms with one bed in each of them.” Mr. Hugui said through the phone.