Rain's Death

*Rain’s POV*

Damn it, my injury hurts. I touch my stomach and see that the blood didn’t stop pouring out. I coughed. I shouldn’t have come back to my apartment to get my stuff. I turn around to find more half breeds flying around looking for me.

I lost my balance and hit the brick walls of the alley. I can feel myself hard to breathe.

“There she is!” I heard a voice behind me.

I start running away from them. I continued until the alley way was a dead end. I spread my wings and fly up. I reach up above the buildings and fly towards to the orphanage. I turn around to find them gone. I sigh in relief. A pang of pain hit my stomach. I touch my stomach again. The bleeding didn’t stop.

“Rain, where do you think you’re going?”

I look up to the voice to see Mikami flying over me. I glare up at him. “What do you want from me?”

“Well, you disobeyed Madame Angel. There’s no use of you.” He takes out a gun and shoots.

My eyes went wide as the bullet hit me. My wings started to disappear and I can feel myself fall. Mikami just laughs.

I hit a grassy field. I turn to my left and in my surprise I found myself in front of the orphanage. A little tear fell from my face. I look up to see X’s face emotionless, but tear pouring down from her eyes.

I smile up to her. “I can say my farewells to you.”

I take her hand and touch my hair. I can see her hair change to my hair color. It was a surprise, but I closed me eyes. “Keep the dawn in your clear heart.”

Everything turned dark.

________________________________________________________________________________

*Karin’s POV*

I walk across the kitchen room holding a bowl of strawberries. I want to see how X is doing. I saw X walk outside. I follow and as I open the door I drop the bowl of strawberries.

Blood spilled onto the grass. Rain’s dead body on the grass, her lips turned blue and as I walk over to touch her skin it felt so cold. I see X’s hair the same color as hers.

I hug Rain’s body. “Why? I just met you.”

I hold her by her shoulder and started shaking her back and forth. “Come on wake up. Don’t die in front of a child. You have to wake up.”

No response and her beautiful hair dripped as rain suddenly appeared and poured. I didn’t know her for a long time but she had many years to live left. I started crying. I look up in my tears to see X’s face grew more emotionless. My eyes went wide.

Life has a deadline, but Rain’s was too early.

X fell to her knees and starts touching the blood on the grass. I slap her hand. “Don’t touch Rain’s blood!”

She looks up at me and tilts her head. “Why can’t I?”

I tried to stop my crying voice. “Because, you’ll have bad dreams from this.”

“Rain’s in a better place.” X says and looks up at the sky.

“How, when she was killed?!” I pick her up in piggy back style and run away from Rain’s body with tears passing by. I open the door. Matt was playing his game on his DS. He looks up at me in a calm face. “What’s up?”

I let my head drop. “Rain is dead.”

I can hear him drop his DS. He bolts up from his seat and puts his hands on my shoulders. “You…you’re kid…kidding right?”

“Look outside.” I felt my voice shake.

Matt pushes and me aside with Mello falling behind. I almost hit the floor, but a strong pair of arms stopped my fall. I look up to see L staring down at me. “Is that true?”

I nod my head. X gets off my back and walks up the stair with Near.

L wraps his arms around my waist. “Calm down.”

I couldn’t and cried more as I burry my head into his chest.

______________________________________________________________________________

*Kenta’s POV*

I open my eyes to find myself lying down on a skeleton couch. It was comfy. I sit up holding my forehead. “Man, am I tired.”

I walk outside of the big double skeleton doors and see that everything was the same. Shinigamis are gambling and the only thing was new to me a little was that my dad was also gambling.

I walk past them and flew out of the Shinigami realm. I didn’t know why I did. It was just a gut feeling that I needed to get out of there for a while.

I flew outside to find Rain’s not around. “Huh, she’s gone at last.”

A beam of light came from the clouds. I cover part of my eyes from the blinding light. Then a figure came down and it was Rain in a white dress and wings, but it was white not purple.

“Rain?” I asked. Then I laughed. “You look like an angel!”

“I am one.” She said smiling.

I looked shock. “What?”

“I’m finally free.” she says smiling and hugging me. I try to hug her back, but my hands went right through her.

“You’re…” I couldn’t finish.

Rain lets go off me. “Yeah, I’m dead.”

“But, I just met you and you had many years to live!” I yelled.

She starts going up back in the clouds slowly. “Well, this is my heaven.”

I fly up to her. “Then who killed you?!”

Rain shakes her head and failed bonking my head. “Idiot, don’t try to get revenge fro me. It won’t bring me back.”

I felt tears getting ready to pour out and my heart hurt in pain. Was this the feeling of love and losing your love one?

Rain leans in and kisses me. It felt so real. Like she wasn’t dead. She moves away. And smirks in a good way. “Who knew I would fall in love with a Shinigami Prince.”

She smiles. “Give me your smile.”

I try to smile but she disappeared into the clouds.