L + K = World's Love

*Karin's POV*

I felt someone's hand on mine. A morning bright light flashed onto my eyes. I opened my eyes and see L sleeping next to me. I closed my eyes again.

. . . . . .

Wait, what’s L doing in my bed?! I jerked up and slowly moved away from him. L’s breathing looked so calm and then his right hand moved around trying to find something. I lifted my right hand.

What happened last night? I shut my eyes closed tight and started to think what happen. Then I remembered holding his hand and him hugging my head. I moved closer to L. Moved a part of his messy black hair to see his sleeping pale face. I notice that his black bags didn’t shad lighter from his deep sleep.

Then I saw a picture of my half breed mother. Her face showing no emotions like L. Then started walking away not looking back at me. The little me in the past holding an apple that she gave me. My little eyes started to get wet and then cried out. “MOMMY!”

My eyes got watery out of no where. A tear drop slide from my face and onto L’s. I try to cover my tears with my hands, until a hand grabbed my arm.

I looked shocked as L reaches up to my face. “Why the tears?”

I hanged my head low to cover my blush. “It’s nothing.”

I try to stand up, but L’s grip on my arm pulled me back onto my bed. I tripped over some bed sheets and landed onto L’s chest.

I was shocked as L pats my head slowly to calm me down.

*L’s POV*

I pat Karin’s head slowly so that she can calm down from her tears. Instead she cried more into my white long sleeve shirt. Karin grabbed my shirt and cried like a little kid.

I brushed her short black hair with my fingers. “What’s wrong?”

Karin calms down. “I just remembered my mom.”

“What happened?”

“She left me with an apple and my dad. Showing no emotions at all.” Karin wipes her eyes and I wiped the ones that she missed. “It felt like, she was planning on meeting me again.”

I stopped brushing her hair and she looked up confused as though she likes it. “So, every time you look at my face you start to cry.”

I stood up from Karin’s bed and walked a couple steps to the door. I felt a tug behind me. I looked at Karin as she grabs me shirt.

“Is there anything else you wanted to say.” I said coldly.

“I wan-”

The door opened and Mr. Hugui saw us.

I look over at him. “Yes?”

He held out the phone. “Mr. Kenta wants to speak with you.”

I held the phone with two fingers and put it a couple inches away from my ear. “Hello, L speaking.”

“Where’s Karin? She should be at school right now.” Kenta said on the other phone.

“Right now me and her are having a discussion. I need you to stay at the school two hours later. Find anything out of the ordinary and then come back and report.”

“Okay.”

I give the phone back to Mr. Hugui and he closed the door leaving Karin and I alone in this room.

Karin was still holding the back of my shirt.

*Karin’s POV*