Candy Tears and Strawberry Kisses

*Karin’s POV*

I feel something warm on my face. I open my eyes to see the sun gleaming down at me through the window. I squint my eyes and then grab the blanket to cover my head. The puffy white blanket helped a little. Then I hear the curtains close, making the room darker. I flip the blanket to see L standing close to the curtains.

My eyes stare at his and then tears dropped down on my face. I jump out of bed and hugged L’s chest and crying my eyes out with joy. “I thought Kira killed you.”

“You shouldn’t be moving.” L said and points at my shoulder.

I look down and see that my chest and my left shoulder were bandaged up. My face starts to burn in embarrassment. I let go of L’s shirt and face my back to him. “I’m sorry.” I said hugging my chest.

After I said that, we stood there waiting for either one of us to say something.

“It’s 100% now.” L said.

My eyes went wide and I look at him. “What?”

“I stayed by your side all this time when you were out.” He said and wraps his arms around my waist. “I was scared for the first time. To loose you made my heart ache.”

I blush a little and touched L’s hand that touch my waist.

“I then notice that I have fallen in love with you.” He said.

When L said that, my heart jumped with joy. He lets his head drop onto my shoulder and then kisses my neck. I blush a little.

No, I have to get back to reality. L is a human and I am a shinigami. When I get my shinigami powers back, I’ll be invisible to L and everyone else who knows me.

I gulped. “We can’t be together.” I shivered as my tears flowed down my face again.

Then L turns me around and lifts my chin. “I know that you are a shinigami.”

My tears didn’t stop and my lip quivered. L continued. “But, my love for you, even death can’t break us apart.’

L licks my tears. “It tastes like candy.” He said and holds my face in his hands. Moving apart my bangs and whispers, “I love you, Karin.”

I smiled up to him. “I love you to, L.”

L placed his lips on mine. I grabbed his back in happiness and for more of his lips that tasted like strawberries in heaven.

Before I knew it we were making out on the bed. When we stopped for breath we hugged each other in our arms. I smiled as I snuggled my head onto L’s chest. L brushed my short black hair in a stroke. “Get ready for lunch, it’s just you and me.”

“Sure.” I said with a smile. “Just let me change first.”

L walks out of the room with his hands in his pockets.

I walk over to my closet and take out a white plain dress that reached to my knee with a white bow in the middle. Then I put flip flops on. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror.

I ran down stairs to see L wearing a suit. I looked down at my flip flops and my white dress. “Do, I look a little to plain?” I asked.

“It’s alright.” He says and holds my hand with a little smile.