Royalty

*Rain’s POV*

Is this guy a stuck up or something? Shinigami Prince, I never heard of him before. It must be a scam!

I sigh and jab my finger on his chest. “Any more stupid jokes you want to tell?”

“Just tell me what you want here and then I might let you in.” the Shinigami Prince said in his cold gold glare.

I put my hands on my side and stick my tongue out. He glares more and grabs my tongue.

“Eh?!” I exclaimed.

“I’ll let go if you promise to talk what you need here.” He says with a little smirk.

I nod my head and the Shinigami Prince lets go. I turn around to spit out his finger taste. I hate him so much!

I turn to face him. “I’m here to see Karin.”

The Shinigami Prince’s expression changed. “You want to see my sister?”

I point my finger at him. “Wait, you’re the prince than that means…”

“Yeah, Karin is the princess.” He said and his eye looks away. “What an idiot.”

This guy is asking for it, I hate guys like him. I sigh. “Well I got a letter from L, so show me where Karin is.”

“A letter from L? That’s very interesting.” He said. “Alright I’ll bring you to Karin, but you have to hide under my wings.”

“What?!” I exclaimed. “Why do I have to?!”

“Because,” the Shinigami Prince leans in close to me. “Other shinigamis can smell the likes of you easily.”

“Um, okay but how is hiding under your wing work?” I asked.

“Well it’s embarrassing to take out your wings in the Shinigami realm. So they’ll be looking at my wings only.” He turns around and kneels down. “Now, get on my back before I change my mind.”

I cursed and then went on his back. The Shinigami Prince picked me up piggy back style and opened his black feathered wings. He turns his head around to face me. “Close your eyes.”

I glare at him. “I don’t have to listen to you.”

“Do you really want to die from my Death Note?” He threatened.

I shut my eyes. “No I don’t.”

A gust of wind hit us and I didn’t open my eyes until the Shinigami Prince said it was okay.

I opened my eyes and saw a girl with black short hair chained against the wall.

She looks up and I could see the ocean through her eyes. The girl smiled. “Kenta you’re back.”

*Kenta’s POV*

“Who’s she?” Karin pointed out the girl behind me.

“Name’s Rain.” She said.

“Karin and you already knew about Kenta.” Karin sighed and smiles a little. But I knew behind that smile was pain from what she’s been through. “So, what do you need from me?”

Rain takes out an envelope. “I have a letter from L.”

Karin’s eyes beamed with happiness. “L wrote a letter? That’s surprising.”

“That’s the same with me to.” I said.

Rain walks over to Karin and opens it for her. Holding it in front of Karin since she couldn’t hold it with her hands cuffed to the wall, she smiled as she read.

Karin laughed a little. Rain gave her a confused look. “What’s wrong?”

“He only wrote ‘Be safe.’” Karin said.

Rain cursed and turned the letter around so that she could read it. “What the hell, then why was he typing so fast?!”

“Well he is working on the half-breed case after all.” Karin said. “So, he’s really busy.”

I kneel next to Rain and touch Karin’s cheek. “I promise I’ll figure out how to get you out and get you’re Shinigami powers back.”

My eyes went wide as I could feel a little tear drop run down her cheek and onto my thumb. “Thank you.” Karin said. “Brother.”

I turn to Rain. “I’m taking you out of the Shinigami realm.”

She nods and I spread my wings for her to hide behind it. I carry Rain out of the cell and out of the entrance of the Shinigami prison.

“You still have you wings out?” one of the guards asked.

“I need to get used to them.” I said.

Both of the guards looked at each other and shrugged.

I sigh and continued to walk to the hole to the human world. I can hear some shinigamis laughing at me and as I turn around they went back to gamboling.

I jump out of the entrance to the Shinigami realm and let Rain spread out her purple wings. She smirked. “Now I know where the Shinigami realm is.”

I glare at her. “I thought you closed your eyes.”

Rain sticks out her tongue. “You guessed wrong!”

Before I could say anything else she was gone. She’s one girl to handle, that’s for sure.