44 || Drunk

After finishing the N.E.W.T.s the gryffindors are throwing a big party in their common room. Ginny invited me and of course I wanted to come. With only five more days until the wedding, I want to spend as much time with my friends as possible. Knowing that I'll probably never see them again, I want to end things on good terms with Hermione and Pansy and I hope that they'll come tonight.

I'm wearing a cute sparkly dress and high heels as I finish my third cup of whatever sort of alcohol was in there. After hanging out with Ginny for most part of the night, I finally spot Hermione and Ron in the corner of the room. "I'm going over there, I need to make out with Hermione." I say determined.

Ginny laughs. "Do you mean make up?"

"Yeah yeah, didn't I say that?" As I walk away from Ginny I realise I'm pretty drunk already. So I take one clumsy step in front of the other in the direction of Hermione. My armpits suddenly start to feel a little sweaty and even with the alcohol in my system, some anxious thoughts enter my mind.

The next moment I'm already standing in front of her and Ron. "Hi." I say a little doubtful. "Can we talk?"

"I'm not interested in talking to the fiance of a racist snob." Her attitude towards me is making me want to cry. Suddenly I don't feel like making amends anymore. If she doesn't even try to hear me out then she isn't worth my time.

"He's really trying to become a better person! There's willingness to change in his heart and I'm helping him on the way. And I, I was your friend once! I've never done you any harm and I've been feeling guilty about this all year. But I'm done. I'm genuinely sorry that I hurt you, but I'm more sorry that you let that get in the way of our friendship. Goodbye Hermione. I hope you have a great life." I finish my drunken speech and turn around, walking away from Hermione forever. Strangely enough I don't feel sad or angry anymore, I feel relieved.

I see a table with shots and quickly empty one in my mouth. The feeling is good and so before I walk away I stupidly enough decide to do another shot. As I walk back to Ginny I start to struggle with walking on high heels. My skin is heating up from the alcohol and the world around me is getting hazy. Taking the next step forward, I twist my ankle and fall to the ground. I squeal in pain as I reach for my throbbing ankle.

That's when I feel a hand on my shoulder and hair tickling my neck. "Omg, y/n, are you okay?" I immediately recognise Pansy's worried voice. I look up and meet my former best friend's eyes. She kneels down next to me.

"Well it hurts but I'm okay." I laugh awkwardly as I let her help me get up again.

"Let's get you to the sofa." She helps me, letting me lean on her while I'm limping. When we reach the sofa, I immediately sit down and she does the same. I wince when I put some pressure on my ankle to feel what the damage is. "Do you think it's broken?" I ask her.

"Girl, I know nothing about medical stuff." She laughs. "But I do know you should go see madam Pomfrey."

I smile at her words and feel my heart warming. It feels so safe and familiar with her, like no time has passed at all. "I'm so sorry for hurting you." I say softly. "I never meant to-" She stops me by placing her hand on top of mine.

"It's okay." The corners of her mouth turn upwards a little. "Draco apologised to me... he explained that he never planned to do anything with me after drugging me, it was all just to impress his friends." She tells me. I frown a little, confused that she believed him like that and that Draco took the initiative to apologise. "Of course I didn't believe him... so I made him drink veritaserum... and then I believed him."

I look at her with disbelief in my eyes. "So- so you forgive me?" I feel a smile starting to creep up my face.

"Yes, I forgive you! And I've really missed you." I notice her eyes are tearing up before she leans over to give me a big hug. "I've missed you too. So much." A few tears of happiness roll down my cheeks as I hug my best friend.