26 || Losing a friend

His eyes shoot up to look straight into mine. I feel a sharp pain in my heart when he shows no emotion. Nothing. He doesn't let me in.

"Not now."

"Sev, please. I need to talk to you." I say while walking closer to him. His eyes remain guarded, his posture stiff like a statue. I grab a chair and sit down next to him, facing him. "Nothing has changed. I'm all yours and you're mine. We just have to keep Draco quiet." I speak gently, covering his hand with mine.

"Nothing has changed?" He scoffs while grabbing my hand and shoving it in my face, forcing me to look at Draco's ring. "You're my Godson's girlfriend." He sneers, standing up and walking away.

"No, I'm not! It's fake. Not real. For show." I defend. "That ring means nothing!"

"Maybe it doesn't." He drawls, his back facing me.

"Of course it doesn't! I hate him!" I approach him in order to be able to see his face again.

His fingers curl under my chin and force my head up. "There's a thin line between hate and... love." He hisses.

"Sev..." My face drops when I realize how scared he is to lose me. It's like he doesn't even want to see all the love I have to give him. He can quite literally look into my mind and still isn't able to be see how madly in love I am with him. There must be thousands of imaginary scenarios going through his mind in which I end up with Draco. He doesn't even know what happened yesterday yet.

"Is there no way we could take his memories?" I ask after a long silence.

He shakes his head in defeat, making me frown. Noticing my confusion, he starts explaining. "It's too late for that now. Draco is excellent at Occlumency."

I sigh in defeat, looking at my broken lover while slowly nearing him. "Severus, I want you to listen to me very carefully." My eyes search his, looking at him sternly. "I want no one but you. I love you with everything I have. I'd do anything for you. Hell, if I didn't love you so much I wouldn't be Draco's fake girlfriend right now! Don't you understand? I only want you and I am more than certain that will never change." My hands reach for his face, cupping it and bringing him down for a kiss.

He lets it happen until his nose is touching mine. His eyes shoot open and he steps backwards. "You smell of him." He sneers, his eyes looking into mine angrily.

"I-" I have to take a deep breath and pluck up the courage to say the following words. "I know. I slept in his bed. He didn't give me a choice."

"You did what?" He growls angrily.

"I really didn't want to! I hate this, Severus! I feel like crying ever since I left you last night!" I exclaim desperately, already on the verge of tears.

"Tell me what else happened."

"W-we kissed. At the party. It was gross."

A hard sound startles me. His fist slamming on the table. Then, his eyes shoot towards me and he forces me backwards towards a wall. I hit it and am immediately closed in by his hands on both sides of my shoulders. I gulp when I look up into his raging eyes, his breathing is heavy and he frowns deeply. "I do not want this." He speaks lowly.

"I don't want it either, Sev. But if I don't do it, you'll get fired and I'll... I can't deal with my parents... not yet." I say apologetically.

"I don't care. This has to stop."

"Severus, no! You don't mean that! I know you don't want to admit it but you love your job! Letting Draco expose us is simply not an option." I try to reason with him. "We can get through this. It's only until February."