45 || Dressed in white

I woke up this morning with an excruciating headache and a lot of shame and regrets about of last night. Luckily, I didn't have much time to worry about my actions of the previous night because I had more pressing matters to worry about. With the wedding coming up in four days and me having been focused on my N.E.W.T.s the last few weeks, I haven't had time to plan for running away with Severus anymore. I've given him the leaflets but I'm still not sure whether he actually looked at them. He's still very frustrated and stressed. It's killing me to see him like that. But I know that once we're far away from here he'll be happy.

I'm in his room and helping him pack for his "business" trip with Dumbledore. "I'm going to miss you." I admit as I step away from his suitcase to look at him. The nerves in my belly aren't just from missing him, I'm anxious about the day of the wedding. He puts down one of his blouses he was folding and walks to me. "I know, I'll miss you as well." His arms wrap around me and squeeze me against him. His lips place a kiss on the top of my head.

"Shall we walk through the plan once more?" I ask, mumbling.

"If that eases your mind, of course." His comforting voice sounds from above me.

"Okay... I'll pack my stuff and put it here in your room. You will be back on the morning of the wedding day, which means I'll already be in hair and makeup. When you arrive, you'll send me a message and I'll get away from there by pretending to go to the bathroom. Then we'll travel back to Hogwarts to get our stuff and we'll leave for London. We'll get eloped, travel south and hop on the night boat to France. There, we'll stay in cheap hotels until we find a permanent place to stay." I tell him earnestly.

"Do you understand?" I ask, needing confirmation.

He chuckles at my nerves. "Yes, darling, I understand. Still, I'm not giving up on finding a way out of this. Hopefully by the time of your wedding, I'll send you a message that we can stay without you having to marry Draco or me going to Azkaban." His hands find their way to both sides of my face and they tilt it so that I look into his eyes.

"Just be prepared, okay? There's a big chance we will have to go with my plan." I give him a piercing look with my eyes. He sighs and his eyes turn serious as well. "I understand, love."

I bite my lip, looking for confirmation in his eyes. Conformation that everything is going to be alright, that when the time comes, Severus will run away with me and stick to the plan. For now all I can do is believe him. Belief is all I'm going to have for the next three days. I feel a tear slip out of my eye. "I'm scared, Sev."

His eyes fill with sympathy. "Come here." He lets go of my face and walks with me to the bed. He sits down, leaning against the headboard and pulls me against him in between his legs. "You're leaving and I'll be alone... and I'm so anxious about the wedding. I just want to run away with you already. But I'm also scared about leaving my friends and family." While I talk, I feel more tears running down my cheeks.

"Don't worry, darling." He whispers into my hair. "You're going to be alright. No matter what happens, I'm making sure you're taken care of. Your happiness and making you feel safe and secure is what's most important to me. You mean everything to me, y/n. Trust me, I'll take care of everything." His enchanting voice comforts me and soon my tears diminish. The strong muscles of his arms flex around my body and lock me in, providing me with a sense of safety. I sigh contently and close my eyes for a little while.

"I wish I could stay in your arms forever." I whisper, feeling completely at peace.

"And I wish I could hold you forever, my love." He places one last kiss on the top of my head before gently nudging me forward. "But alas, I have to go."

I sit on the edge of the bed as I watch him put the last of his stuff in his suitcase. A few tears roll down my cheeks again when he's completely ready to head out. "Don't cry, love. I cannot leave you when you're crying." He says sweetly. I stand up and dive into his arms, not wanting him to ever leave me. "What if something goes wrong?" I sob. His hand rubs my back soothingly.