01 || Return to Hogwarts

"I don't want to let you go yet!" My mother says as she's hugging me extremely tight, my body being squeezed between her arms.

We're at platform 9 3/4, the Hogwarts Express has already arrived and students of all ages are saying goodbye to their families and getting on board. The familiar train makes my heart beat faster as I know where it'll take me and I couldn't be more excited to study with my peers again. Last year wasn't exactly fun, having to spend a few months living and studying on my own, in hiding in the muggle world.

"It's alright mom, Voldemort is dead. You won't lose me again." I reassure her while hugging her back. I can hear her sobbing softly, one of her hands is on my back while the other pushes my head against her chest.

"Why can't you stay with us? You don't have to go back to Hogwarts, you can take a year off." My father attempts to convince me into staying.

"I already missed out on so much last year, dad! I'm lucky they even let me pass." I wiggle myself out of my mother's grip and give my dad a big hug.

"Mom, dad, it's alright! I won't let her out of my sight." Amber tries to calm them while wrapping one arm around my shoulder. "We really should be going now." She urges, her hand tugging on my arm excitedly.

"Alright sweeties." My mother says, pulling both of us in for one last hug while letting a few tears run down her cheeks. Amber and I start walking towards one of the doors of the train but turn around to send them a last smile. "Bye, love you!" We yell before blowing an air kiss towards them. My father has an arm wrapped around my mother and they look at us with those familiar proud looks on their faces.

Amber yanks me with her by grabbing my wrist and we disappear through the door into the train. It takes a while for us to find a cabin, all of them are already taken by first or second years who came extra early. After a while she squeals excitedly as she opens a cabin door, revealing our gryffindor friends Ron, Hermione, Neville and Harry.

"Y/n!" Harry gasps in shock, his eyes are big as he takes in my whole figure, every detail. He slowly rises from his seat, trembling as he's standing up and gives me a big hug. My lips can't help but smile as Harry takes me in his arms. When he finally lets me go, I take a seat in between him and Neville. "Hi guys! How was your vacation?" I ask the group.

"Y/n, seriously? We believed you were dead for almost the entire last school year, this is the first time we see you again and this is how you greet us?" Hermione speaks before practically jumping on top of me and hugging me tightly. "I missed you too, Mione." I giggle as she releases me and sits back next to Ron.

"So? Are you going to tell us what happened or not?" Ron asks impatiently, earning an elbow in his arm from Hermione.

"It's alright." I laugh. "Voldemort wanted me dead because he thought it would make Harry weaker, but Professor Dumbledore and professor Snape saved me and brought me to the muggle world, where I stayed in a small apartment all by myself. They gave me my books though, so I could continue studying by myself, that's why I can join you guys in our final year." I explain, going through my memories. "I'm sorry I didn't visit you guys this summer, my parents were kind of traumatized and didn't want me leaving..."

"We figured you'd need some time alone with your family." Ron speaks unintelligible as his mouth is stuffed with sweets from the trolley.

"But I saw you that day when Snape took you away. You were dead!" Harry turns to me confused.

"Yeah, professor Snape gave me a potion of some sort to make me look dead." I answer, remembering the disgusting taste of the liquid. Harry leans against the wall with one foot on the bench and the other on the ground. I take it as an invitation and snuggle back into his chest while taking his arms and wrapping them around me.