Finally! A True Friend!

I sat down a the Slytherin table. Malfoy was back at the head of the table. When I came in he eyed me with large amounts of disgust. Across the Grand Hall, Harry sat down at the Gryffindor table. He began to talk excitedly to Ron, whose eyes grew huge. I can't read lips, but I caught my name in the midst of words. All three turned and looked at me when Harry stopped looking. A smile crept across my face, and I waved.

Suddenly, steak and kidney pie appeared on the plates right in front of us. I piled a small bit onto my plate, and devoured it. Soon, dinner was over. My fellow Slytherins brushed by me on their way down to the common room. A hand landed on my shoulder.

"Time for some quality time with Snape," Harry said cheerfully.

"You seem happy," I replied, laughing.

He shrugged,"Well, I made a cool friend today."

I felt a blush creep across my face,"Let's get to the dungeon now." We descended down the stairs. The torches lighting the passageway seemed dimmer than earlier. Harry pulled on the door.

"Forget to knock, Mr. Potter?" Snape's voice echoed. Harry didn't say anything. Instead, he made his way over to the desk where we had been sitting. "No need to sit back there, Potter. Sit in the front row. Right beside me. You too, Ms," He paused, "Seether." I placed my school bag down and sat by Harry in the front row. We spent a few minutes sitting there, just staring at each other, then something happened. There was a knock a the door. Whoever it was didn't wait for permission to enter.

It was her. The Muggle I had hurt the night before.

She had a huge bandage over her cheek. When I saw her, I felt so sick, and sad I needed to lay my head down on the desk. She rushed over to Snape. "I need to talk to you," she said. The lady looked terrified, "now." Snape knodded his head and followed her out, stopping to look at Harry and I.

"Stay in your seat till I get back."

I raised my head. "What happened to her?" I asked, seeing if Harry knew about what had happened.

"She was attacked by a wolf last night," Harry winced, "It was pretty bad. Snape was able to be healed pretty well, but her scar'll probably be with her forever."

I felt so terrible. Tears began to fall from my eyes. Harry noticed right away. "Whoa. What's going on? Are you okay?"

It may seem silly, but I think I can really trust Harry. "Harry, did you know that I grew up in a broken home?" He shook his head, "Harry, you can't tell anybody this," I pulled my sleeve back. There it was. The Dark Mark. Harry's eyes widened. "If you hate me now, I understand, but I'm not loyal to Voldemort. I hated it there. I wanted to excape," I paused, "When I got the chance, I took it, but the potion... I lost control. When I first saw her, I lost all the human that was left in me. I tried to kill her and Snape," I put both of my hands on the back of my head, "I'm so scared."

Harry wiped the look of fear off his face, "Well, you're safe here. Dumbledore'll keep you safe. So will all the teachers, and your friends, and... well me."

I raised my head a little. "Thank you," I whispered, "I've never had a real friend before."

Harry smiled, "Well, I've never had a Slytherin friend before. They aren't too friendly."

I sighed, "Trust me, I know. You know the Pansy Parkinson girl?"

"Yeah, she called my friend, Hermione some really bad stuff," Harry responded. I'm pretty sure that this was the best conversation I'd ever had.

"Well, she threatened me," I said, "and she's pretty sure that I am dating Draco."

Harry sat up, "Wait, Draco... Malfoy? Why him? You could do way better!"

I felt my heart jump. I started to blush. "Many reasons."

"Well, he's my worst enemy... Not counting Snape. Draco's pretty much one of the worst people I know," Harry said laughing.

 I smiled, "Why does Snape hate you?"

He shrugged, "Maybe I'm too awesome for him," he replied plainly.

I burst out laughing."I'm SURE that's what it is."

"So, anyway, what's it like in Sytherin?" He asked.

"Truthfully, it's a terrible place. I don't belong there. My only even somewhat of a friend is Draco, and he's being really moody recently," I rolled my eyes, "Maybe you're right. Maybe Draco is a terrible person."

Harry's eyes widened, "It's taken you this long to realize that?"

"Yeah," I layed my head down on the desk. The dungeon was quiet and peaceful. The only sound was the muffled talking of Snape and the Muggle outside. "What's her name?" I asked gesturing to the door.

"Professor Denham, I think," Harry said. He was staring off into space, and looked like he was about to fall asleep.

"Why are you so tired?" I questioned, as I stared at Harry's nearly asleep head. His eyes shot back open. Instead of cold, dark eyes like Draco's, Harry had the most green, spectacular eyes I had ever seen.

"Quidditch can really exhaust a person," He muttered, blinking slowly. I knodded and layed my head down on the desk again. Harry did the same. "You're way differant than some of the other girls here," he said in a very quiet voice. I felt my stomach implode.

"Well, thanks," I whispered, because I was at a lose for words. I wish I would have said more. Something original and sweet. No, I had to screw up my best chance to impress Harry, because right that second Snape opened the door.

"Leave now," He said, his eyes were large, "Go to your houses."

I stood up slowly, and picked up my bag. As Harry and I edged past Snape, I could feel Professor Denham staring at me. I felt so terrible. I sped up so Harry couldn't see that I was almost crying again.

"Hatia wait up!" He yelled from behind me. Then, I felt even more sick and depressed. I knew I was crying before the tears even began to fall. Harry came up and took one look at my face. "It'll be okay," he muttered awkardly, and hugged me. I pulled my face into his shoulder. I could tell Harry had no idea what to do, and I felt kinda bad for being such a baby. After a few minutes, I stepped back and wiped my face.

"Sorry for that," I muttered, and stared at my feet.

"It's fine," he replied awkwardly, and we both just stayed quiet. Harry ran his hands hrough his hair and then broke the silence,"I need to go."

"Oh yeah, I need to also," I replied, not daring to look at his face again. I quickly turned around and hurried off to the Slytherin dorms.

"Wait!" Harry yelled and ran up beside me. I turned around, and Harry pulled me into a massive, unexpected hug. "I... I really liked getting to meet you today," he whispered. I stepped out of the hug and smiled.

"Me too," I agreed. Suddenly, an angry voice pierced the quiet air.

"GET TO YOUR DORMS!" Snape roared.

I knodded at Harry, "Goodbye," I said and practically ran off down to the Slytherin dorms.