I Would Never Fit In Here

I sat there on the Common room floor. I felt a wad of sadness bubble in my chest. A large thump erupted from the staircase. A smaller girl with yuckly-looking, short, black hair came down the stairs. She was kicking a massive chest around.

"This is yours," she said with a grimance. Her ugly face scrounged up as she eyed me from my shoes to my hair. "Pitiful," she whispered as she turned to leave.

What the heck? I glared at her and said spitefully,"Who are you?"

She spun around so fast, it scared me. "I'm Pansy Parkinson," she said overly confident. Her expression then changed alot. Now she looked even more menacing. Very creepily, Pansy strutted over where I was sitting. Quickly, I got up off the floor and faced her eye to eye. "Look, Draco has room for three main friends," she held up three fingers,"There's Goyle, Crabbe, and me," She said spitefully. Her eyes narrowed, "He doesn't accept newcomers. Expecially, ones like you. I suggest you keep your eyes," she looked down at my hands, "And your filthy, trashy hands off of him." Pansy placed a hand on my shoulder, "Or there will be consequences." She turned to leave again.

"It's sad," I began, mustering up some confidence, "You feel like you have to threaten me so you can keep your friends." I laughed nervously, "You're just a fake. I'm sure under that tough shell, you're just a scared little girl." Pansy's back tensed. I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was defidently steaming. "Truth is, I'm not scared of you. There is nothing you can do to me that I haven't seen before. Hit me? I've been beat for thirteen years." Then, I decided just to add one last thing, "By the way, don't worry about Draco. He made it pretty clear he doesn't care about me at all, so, frankly, I wouldn't care if he died right now! So yeah, you can go celebrate your tiny victory with your own disgusting friends." I didn't really mean that. I cared about Draco alot, and it hurt to say that.

Pansy turned back my way, for the second time. She looked like she could have killed me right there, but suprisingly she didn't even yell. I would have much rather her yell though. Her calm, low voice was even more terrifying, "Fine. Be that way. But if I ever hear you talk about me or my friends again, I'll beat you until you're dead. Understand?" I felt my blood freeze. I could tell she mean't every word of it. I simply knodded my head. Whatever courage was in me faded away. Pansy's dead serious face reconfigured into a smirk, "Good."She turned again, and hurried up the stairs.

This kid... What had just happened had shook me up more than you could have imagined. I felt terrified. It was at this point, when I really just wanted to see a semi-friendly face. I hauled the trunk into the Slytherin Girl's dorms. I pulled the trunk up to a vacant bed and began to unload. Luckily, I found my schedule enclosed. There were books, quills, parchment, and various other things which I loaded into my school bag. Robes that looked like they were brand new. I was nearing the bottom of the trunk, when I noticed something strange. It was a note.

"Hatia,

Your choice for Slytherin was not one I would have advised. You see, the Slytherin students are not the kindest, and as the headmaster, if you wish to change to Gryffindor, you may at any given time. I hope you find Hogwarts to your liking.

Sincerly,

Albus Dumbledore"

Wow. Within my first day here, I was already being requested to switch dorms. That's not going to happen. Never. Slytherin is the only place where I can fit in. I'm marked with The Dark Mark, so I shall stay.