Poor Harry

Time passed from Draco and I's meeting under the tree. Word of us kissing spread really fast around the school. The next day, Libitina caught me in the library.

"Had fun in 'za rain?" She said in low voice. Harry didn't know yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I raised my head, "What?"

"'Za whole school knows. You kissed Draco," Libby said slyly raising an eyebrow.

I put down the book I was reading." It's none of your business, Libitina. Just leave me alone, okay?"

Libitina stopped smiling, "No. Listen, darling, your business is my business. Trust me on 'zat. Iz my job." She picked up a book from the center of the table and began reading at a annoyingly slow pace. Truthfully, that scared me. What did she mean? Actually, I didn't want to really know.

The next day at the end of Potions class, I was packing up my stuff when Professor Snape came up to me. "Ms. Seether, may I have a word with you in my office?" He said.

"Sure," I replied putting down my school bag. I had been dreading talking to him. He pulled me into his spookily dark office, and shut the door.

"Sit down," he commanded, and pointed to an old wooden chair that looked pretty rickety. I sat down and scooted closer to the squat desk in the corner. "Are you aware you have the highest marks in this class?" He asked raising one eyebrow. I hadn't known that. In fact, I didn't think I did very well in this class. I shook my head. "Really? Anyway, Mr. Potter," He sneered at his name, "Is failing. Truthfully, I cannot teach him." Snape drummed his fingers on the desk, "I have noticed that you are quite fond of Mr. Potter, is this so?" He asked, squinting at me.

"Uh, yeah," I murmured.

"Good. I was curious if you'd accept being his tutor. Maybe he'll learn better from you," Snape looked around his office curiously, "Maybe you have the properties to be an excellent professor as well."

I knodded my head slowly, and forced a ill-placed smile, "Sure. I'll do it." I guess I didn't have much of choice. Snape'd be really mad if I said no.

Snape knodded, "Good. You can start tomorrow evening after dinner. You may work in the extra classroom next door. I'll set up a cauldron, and tell Mr. Potter later." Snape strode to the door and pulled it open. "You may be excused."

I got up and exited into empty classroom. The next evening, I entered into the classroom next door after dinner. There was two cauldrons lined against the back wall.A case of ingredients were by the cauldrons. A large bookshelf was lined against it as well. A closer look showed that most of the books had titles like, "Simple Potions for Simple Minds" or, "So You're Failing Potions Class". I didn't actually look, but I don't even think there were words on the insides of most of them. I bet Snape just put them here as some sort of a weird joke. I sat down on a wooden chair by a pewter grey cauldron. A few seconds later, Harry came in looking very bored. "Hi Harry," I whispered.

He looked up from the floor. Harry looked really upset to see me, "Snape thinks it's funny."

"What?"

"He thinks it's hilarious to put you and I in a room together," Harry irritably threw his backpack onto the floor. I fumbled with my Potions textbook.

"Uhm. Okay. What do you want to begin with?" I asked nervously. Harry simply shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Well, how about we start with a simple strengthening potion?" I conjured a blackboard and the ingredients appeared as if an invicible hand had wrote them. Harry squinted and went over to the cabinet. I could hear the clinking of glass and shuffling. A few seconds later, he returned carrying an armload of ingredients. "First, put in the boomslang skin and stir if until the mixture's color changes to a deep green," I said, pointing my wand to a rough looking tree bark beside him.

Harry dumped the boomslang skin in and stirred slowly, "So, Libby told me some stuff earlier."

"Like what?" I murmured. My heart raced.

"You kissed Draco," Harry whispered, stirring the mixture angrily.

"What does it matter?" I said, watching the potion blossom from red to green. "There," I muttered grabbing the spoon he was using to stir the cauldron. "Add this," I said grabbing a small vial of newt blood, "And then it has to sit for a few minutes." Harry grabbed the vial out of my hands and poured it into the cauldron.

"It matters," Harry muttered staring blankly at the mixture that was changing from green to red and back. I glared into the cauldron, and then Harry added, "You know what? I was wrong. You're just like the other Slytherins. Heartless, and sly. You, and all of the others, think that you can get away with whatever you want." He clenched his hands.

"You know you don't mean that," I murmured. The mixture was begining to boil, "Stir it for a few minutes," I said quietly. Harry gripped the spoon I had been holding on to. "Harry, believe me. I really like Draco, and even though you don't see it, he's actually a good person to me." He held on tighter to the stick. "I bet you just love having Libby be obsessed with you."

Harry nearly dropped the spoon. "No, actually I don't," He snapped angrily, "I don't like her. Not even a tiny bit. Truthfully, Hatia, I would have much rather been dead than to have heard the news that you and Draco were making out underneath that tree."

"Why?" I demanded angrily. I gripped the side of the chair. My muscles tensed up in rage.

"Because I'm in love with you!" Harry screamed, throwing the spoon into the cauldron where it evaporated in the intense heat. We both sat there for a minute, staring into each other's faces.

"Harry... Oh Harry," I lowered my eyes, and could feel tears welling up in my eyes,"You... Why didn't you tell me?"

Harry put both of his hands on the back of my head. "I'm not stupid. I know you like Draco, but it's terrible, having to go everyday and know I will never be able to hear you tell me that you felt the same way. I was never going to tell you." Harry lowered his hands, "I guess you know now."

I stared down at the floor. "Harry, I..." I choked back tears, "I... Like you too... But Draco... He doesn't understand..and" I pulled back my sleeve. The Dark Mark was very faded. Harry grasped his forehead like something had burned him. "This... This keeps me from you," I felt my eyes water,"I will never be able to excape Voldemort. Never." I pulled my sleeve down.

"But you could excape," Harry said, "People can change! You don't have to be a Death Eater anymore."

"It doesn't work that way," I said, putting my hands over my eyes, "After all the evil I have seen, and I have done, I'm stuck as one forever. It's better this way."

"Not if you're not happy," Harry looked at me longingly then stood up. "I think I'll get going." He stood there awkwardly. "You'll be okay right?" I knodded my head from behind my hands. "Okay, bye Hatia," Harry murmured then left the deserted classroom, leaving me alone and sad.