three

spicy content warning.

"callie, we're leaving at 6. you need to be ready," my dad explains.

"it's only three," i respond.

"i'm just warning you, we can't be late to the cameron's."

he exits my room and i groan, putting my phone down and escaping the warmth of my covers. my dad had planned a dinner with ward and expected me to come with.

i swear, without sarah, i would die at these dinners.

that happen frequently, usually consisting of wheezie complaining when ward told her to put her phone away and rose making weird subliminal remarks to the man whenever rafe said anything. sarah and i talk quietly about whatever we can, not loud enough to interject anything having to do with business, or money, or future business trips that will cost a lot of money.

i felt more exhausted than normal from my night before. i hadn't gotten home til around two, and after topper and i's loss at beer pong, my body did not feel good from that amount of alcohol. my head hurt, leaving me to go down the stairs to find pills.

i was ready by 5:30, my dad was pleased by this and teased me about rushing my "getting ready routine." even though i had known the cameron's for years and ward was always very kind to me, i was always intimidated when i went over there.  i did my makeup more carefully today, using products that i use when i want to look especially good.

i greeted sarah and wheezie with hugs before going to sit at the dining room table.  i take a seat next to sarah as my dad, ward, and rose sit at the other end.  although we were at the same table, we were able to have separate conversations.

"rafe!" ward yells as the blonde boy hadn't come down from his room yet.  he gets no response, causing him to yell again, only angrier.

"god ward, he doesn't listen," rose mutters.

rafe comes downstairs and takes the open seat next to me.

"sorry, dad," he says with a forced smile.  ward just shakes his head and begins talking about something with my dad.

sarah and i start talking about topper while wheezie sits quietly on her phone.  rafe wasn't involved in either of the conversations happening, therefore, he was starting to get bored.  i could tell when his leg started to bounce under the table, he started pushing the leaves of his salad around on his plate, his head resting on his hand.

"did you have fun last night?" sarah asks.

i nod, "yeah, i definitely drank too much though," i whisper.

she laughs softly, "so did topper.  i don't think he's gotten out of bed yet."

i wish i were topper right now, wrapped in the warm embrace of my bed sheets in a pair of silk pajamas.

"not to sound like a stalker, but i spent like, half the night looking for you."

her eyes shift to her plate, "yeah, yeah, i just- i got caught up talking to topper."

talking to topper?

i was with topper for most of the time she was gone, and when i wasn't, he was in my sight.  without sarah.  sarah's lying, but why?

"that makes sense," i nod and we shift into talking about a new pair of shoes that she ordered.  we excitedly talk and laugh about things that only we care about. 

i then feel a hand brush against my knee.  i glance over, seeing rafe with his eyes glued to the table, pretending to be listening to what our dads were saying.  his hand moves upwards to my thigh and i try not to make a face of surprise as his thumb rubs back and forth against my skin.

he looks to me.  i can feel him studying my expression as i continue talking to his sister.  all i can do is look at him out of the corner of my eye, seeing a smirk tug at his lips. as rose stands up and begins collecting everyone's empty plates, he quickly pulls away. casually looking at his fingers as if he didn't just completely tease me.

i excuse myself to go to the bathroom in order to collect myself from whatever the hell that was, walking down the hallway and shutting the door behind me. as i'm about to turn the lock, i feel someone forcing their way into the room. i let the door swing open, seeing rafe as he licks his lips breathlessly, shutting the door behind him.

"rafe," i start, my voice just barely above a whisper.

"i want my end of the deal, callie," he cuts me off, his voice laced with desperation.

i look up at him as his body has me leaning into the sink. his hand reaches for my jaw, his thumb rubbing back and forth how it did on my thigh. my eyes dart between his eyes, lips, hair, chest, everywhere. i can't stay focused enough to respond.

"ok," i finally breathe.

with that, he leans down, placing his lips to mine for the first time. his mouth moves in a breathless manner, like he can't contain himself. my tongue slips into his mouth, parting his lips further.

what the hell am i doing?

but i don't stop. i don't want to. rafe's hand that isn't on my jaw reaches for my thigh, squeezing at my skin as he lifts me to sit on the counter top. the cold marble against my skin makes me jump, causing my hips to roll forward into rafe. a low groan escapes his lips as i do so, causing me to pull away and look at him.

he stands in between my spread legs and his tongue quickly wets his bottom lip.

"you have no idea how long i've wanted to do this," he says.

i can hardly speak. instead, i reach for the back of his neck, tugging lightly at his hair as our lips touch again. i can tell he's becoming tired of this, he wants more. i feel his hips rolling into me, pushing the seam of my shorts to push against me.  my hand reaches down and i start rubbing him through his shorts.  his lips pull away from mine as he struggles to kiss back, fighting to stay quiet.

he looks to me for approval as he reaches for the button of his shorts.  i nod as his fingers work, sliding his shorts off, leaving one less layer for me to touch him through.  he throws his head back as i touch his erection.

"fuck," he whispers.

he pulls my lips to his again, kissing me at a quick pace.  his lips move to my neck as he sucks at my skin.

"callie," sarah calls from behind the door, "i'm going to my room, meet me there."

i quickly pull away from rafe, "okay!"

i get off of the counter while rafe puts his shorts back on.  i start to exit the room when rafe asks me where i'm going.

"to sarah?" i reply.

"callie, don't go," he pleads.

"i have to," i trail off.

"please," his arm wraps around my waist, holding me close.

"we can finish this another time," i say as his eyes lock with mine.

he nods and kisses me before letting me leave the bathroom.  he got his end of the deal, but what if i wanted there to be more?