two

the only thing i could feel was music.  it wasn't just me hearing it, i could feel it.  the way every song had a level of bass so strong it vibrated through my entire body, and the way i drunk to the point that i didn't know how i was still standing upright.

really, i wasn't.  i had been using jj and pope as crutches since i took a fourth shot.  jj's arm wrapped tightly around me and kie's waists, holding us close and protecting us in a way, even though he was just as drunk as we were.  as we stumbled through the party with pope as our sober guide, we found john b walking around aimlessly with a beer in hand.

"john b!" i grin as we approach him.

"where the hell have you been, man," jj slurs.

"oh, i don't know, just around," he stumbles over his words, "you know me."

"we missed you, john b," kie exclaims.

i nod quickly in agreement, "seriously, like sooo much."

pope shakes his head and i can tell he's starting to get annoyed by our drunkenness.  john b laughs and sips his beer.

"callie!" topper calls.  i look around until i find the blonde boy, motioning for me to come to him.  my friends follow behind me subconsciously as i find topper at a beer pong table.

"wanna play?" he asks.

i nod and greet sarah with a hug, as she had finally been found.  the game was me and topper against rafe and kelce.  sarah acted as our cheerleader, grinning and clapping when i somehow made a ball into a cup.

rafe looks focused as he tosses the ball, sucking his teeth when he missed.  as me and topper made a good team, we were in the lead.  we laughed as kelce and rafe has chugged the multiple beers.  it was rafes turn again, before he throws, he looks to me from across the table.

"callie, let's make a deal."

"what kind of deal?"

he walks around the table, whispering close to my ear so that nobody else could hear.  "if you and top win, i'll buy you whatever you want.  if kelce and i win, you have to kiss me."

i pull away to look at him, his eyebrows raised as he waits for a response.  drunk and pleased by the attractive boy in front of me, i agreed.

"deal?"

"deal."

"what's the deal?" topper asks.

"can't say, but we have to win."

rafe goes on a run of three, leaving only two cups on my side of the table.  i trusted topper to make the next few shots, he made two, tying the game.  kelce sunk the last two balls in the final cups and me and topper clink them together as we down the rest of the liquid.

"good game," topper says, holding up his hand for a high five.

"good game," rafe grins. i feel rafes eyes on me as i go back to my friends. we both know i couldn't fulfill my end of the deal; not here at least, in the presence of our friends and his sister.  this deal was completely pointless, it wasn't like i needed him to buy me something.  this meant that he must really want the kiss.

i spend the rest of the night between my friends and sarah.  being friends with sarah made things weird with kie.  i know she wishes me and sarah had stopped talking when their friendship ended, but aside from the fact that i like sarah, how could i end something where i literally could not avoid her.  it was kinda the same with rafe, no matter what, he's always around.