D

~Fan letters~

Ship- yungi (top! Yunho! Slight angst!)

Third pov

It was a normal day for ateez they all just received their fan letters and they were all really excited.

But there was only one person who didn't receive any mail and that was jeong yunho.

Mingi was smiling brightly he loved receiving letters from atiny...as he was reading the 5th letter he looked up noticing his tall giant puppy wasn't in the living room with them.

He frowned and looked around not seeing him anywhere "hey sannie hyung have you see yunho?" He asked and San shook his head he frowned and got up going to his room seeing if he was there.

Once he went inside the room he saw yunho laying down just scrolling on his phone "puppy? Are you okay?" Mingi asked and yunho put his phone down giving him a smile that didn't reach his eyes like it normally would.

"Hey baby yeah I'm fine" he said and when mingi looked around he noticed yunho didn't have any mail "where's your fan letters yuyu?" He asked and yunhi sat up "oh I didn't get any...but it's okay I'm just happy you got so many do you want to read them together love?" Yunho asked and mingi noticed he looked sad.

He sighs softly and walked over to yunho and straddled his lap yunho's arms instantly went around his baby's lap "yuyu you didn't get any mail?" He asked softly and yunho shook his head "no baby I didn't get any" he said and pulled mingi closer wanting nothing more than to cry on his shoulders but he didn't wanna worry his baby so he didn't.

"That's not fair! You're our golden retriever! You deserve millions of fan mail!" Mingi shouted with a pout and yunho chuckled pecking Mingi's lips "I know but it's fine baby" he said and hugged mingi who hugged back with a pout on his face.

~~~~

Later that day mingi went to his room and he got several papers and started writing letters to his puppy.

He really thought it wasn't fair that the fans didn't write any letters to yunho if anything yunho deserved thousands of letters that came in the mail.

After he finished he sighs softly and when he looked at the time it was 7:30pm his eyes widen had he been writing letters for that long?

He gets up stretching and leaves his room. He was glad to have his own room at times he got to have his privacy but he also got to cuddle and kiss yunho whenever he wanted without worrying about having a roommate.

He went out and saw everyone was in the dinning room he walks in and greets everyone "hello!" He said and yunho smiles widely "hi! Come sit!" He said cheerfully and mingi did he sat next to him he was glad yunho looked in better moods.

He sat down pecking yunho's lips "hi puppy" he greets with a blush yunho chuckled "hey baby were you in your room this whole time?" He asked and mingi nodded "yeah I was just writing some new lyrics" he lied and yunho nodded with a smile "can I read them?" He asked and Mingi's eyes widen "um they aren't done yet s-so maybe in a couple weeks" he said slightly panicked yunho pouted "okay" he said and mingi sighed in relief.

After that seonghwa and wooyoung brought the food in and they all started digging in and the they talked and joked around.

~~~~~~~~

The next time everyone got mail was two weeks later and yunho was shocked when he actually got mail he was also very excited.

He grabbed the 5 letters and started reading them and he smiled widely happy he finally got letters too.

Mingi noticed and smiled he was happy seeing that big smile on his puppy's face.

And over the next few months yunho got mail along with his members he was more than happy and mingi was happy his puppy was happy he felt bad for lying but to see that smile on his boyfriend's face he didn't mind.

Mingi was humming in his room writing his next letter for yunho when his door opened and in walked San and seonghwa he gasped but was too late to hide the letters he was writing.

They only smiled and San giggled "so it is you writing yunho hyung the letters" he teased and mingi blushed nodded "what? I can't help it! My puppy's finally happy because he's receiving them and I wanna keep it that way I don't even understand why atiny isn't sending him letters" mingi said with a pout.

Seonghwa chuckled "mingi we understand and we aren't mad but you should tell yunho or he'll find out in a different non good way" he said and mingi sighed nodded he knew he had to tell him he just didn't want his puppy to be sad anymore.

"Fine hyung I'll tell him later.." he said

Later that day mingi sighed walking into yunho's room yunho smiled when he noticed him "baby! I missed you~" he said and mingi giggled and walked over to his bed sitting down next to him he then handed him his last letter he just wrote yunho took it confused "why am I getting a letter? Isn't it supposed to be tomorrow?" He asked and mingi sighed "r-read it puppy" he said and yunho nodded reading it.

Dear, puppy

I'm so sorry for lying to you these last couple months it was me sending you these letters because I felt bad you weren't receiving any.

I want you to be happy I hate seeing you frowning or down because you didn't receive a letter like the rest of us please don't be mad at me yuyu but if you are I understand and I will accept that you are...

But please know I just wanted my puppy to be happy and receive letters like we were

Love mingi

When yunho finished reading it he was actually quite surprised but he should've known it was his baby's doing.

He then chuckled and pulled his baby in for a kiss shocked mingi didn't kiss back but soon melted into the kiss and a few minutes later they pulled away for air. yunho breathlessly chuckled "baby I love you so much" he said confusing mingi "y-you aren't upset with me?" He asked.

"Of course I'm not upset with you princess if anything I'm extremely happy I enjoyed reading your letters and I'm glad you did that just for me....but baby I know that I was sad I didn't receive any letters but seeing you smile and happy is all that I need I don't care I don't receive letters as long as your happy then I'm happy baby so please don't worry about me anynore" yunho said and mingi pouted.

"But it's unfair you aren't getting letters puppy" he said his pout deepening yunho pecked his lips repeatedly "well then I think I'd rather accept letters from just my baby from now on" he said and mingi giggled "I think I can arrange that" he said and they both shared a laugh.

I really wish I could send ateez letters 🥺