Something Dark

Chapter 16: Something Dark

You must embrace all forms of pain as a perquisite of existence. Courting doubt and darkness at the price of knowing. One requires a will stubborn in the face of conflict, but apt to total acceptance of every ramification of living and dying.

For whatever reason I clung to every trace of him even if it were the slightest remnant. There was a portion of me that was compelled to call out him craving for his total possession. My hand laced around to silky fingers. I felt the tender tickle of his breath as he kissed my nape and the sweet melody of his words as he whispered into
my ear.

"I love you. " He said and then placed his soft lips on mine.

Then suddenly his shape warped and vanished.

"Hey~ Hey you... I said hey....Hey~Hey!"

My mind dance playfully against my closed eyelids resisting my trance like state.I woke up pushing off the lethargy that still weighed my body down. I was face-to-face with a man who looked like he had walked out of a painting. He had winding golden locks and clear blue eyes.

"Ah, you finally woke up! Ah~ that's good. You just kept on sleeping that I thought you wouldn't wake up for eternity."

I rubbed my eyes trying to clear my muddled vision.

"Where am I?"I rasped weakly

"Eh? Where am I? Eeeh ~ How mean! Don't you remember about what happened until you ended up here"

Now that he had said something I had a faint recollection of walking down the hallway before being attacked.

So he did that? I grimaced.

"Seems like you recalled it. That's right, I ran off with you."

"Who are you? " I demanded.

"Who am I? I am Mukami Kou. I've answered your questions for now. But forget all that, I want to know more about you." He said.

A wicked grand spread across his face as he pinned me with his hands.

"About various things..." He growled.

I winced at his touch trying to sink deeper into the sheets. A chuckle escaped his lips.

"You're trembling. This is the first time you've felt the touch of my fingers, right? You don't have to be so scared, I'm kind."

The edges of his lips lifted into a grin. His deep blue eyes rested on me as of scanning is pray.

"See , I'll stroke your hair like this." He whispered patting my head.

"Good girl, Good girl."

Kou's hand was violently jerked away.

"Unhand her." He growled.

"Make me." Kou challenged.

Reiji grabbed him and effortlessly threw him to the ground. He held me in his arms and left quietly returning to the house. He set me down and close the door behind him.

"Reiji...why do you keep protecting me?"

His gaze slid down my body and returned to my eyes. Silently he held my cheeks and touched his forehead to mine.

"I would like to ask that myself. It's as if....My body would move on it's own before I even realize."

I felt heat creeping into my cheeks.

"Reiji...t..thank you." I said wrapping my arms around his shoulders

"....Do you realize who you are embracing?" He asked solemnly.

"I know it's Reiji." I answered.

He slid his hand the back my head and squeezed gently.

"My my, it seems being confined in the cage has turned the little bird timid."

He lifted me as if I were delicate china placing me on the bed. He bit into my neck eliciting my voice and passion.

"I..."

"I love you." I whispered softly.

Reiji closed his eyes silently for moment then opened them with a grin on his face.

"Fuu. I cannot believe that there would come a day when I would hear those words."

"Please say it again." He requested.

I looked at him entrapped as he lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it.

"I love you." I replied.

"Is that all it feels insufficient."

He left my arm to his mouth and grazed it with his teeth.

"I want to be by your side."

"That's a given." He chucked sinking his teeth into my arm.

What was I to do? My heart and my mind were putty in his hands. I can't help loving my precarious lover.

Author Notes:Hello~ and welcome to another chapter of my precious lover. As you guys have known I did go away for little bit but that was only temporary. I am returning effectively immediately. I also have a surprise for you diabolik readers in the next few day if not week.

see you...

RUKI-SENPAI