Dream Chaser

Chapter 3: Dream Chaser

Nightmares plagued my slumber leaving me depleted. The delusions unleashed mayhem amidst the pleasant elements of my dream. An apparition with eyes of red pursued my fleeing form. Yet, before it could reach me I am emerged from my dream. I lay panting and disheveled from my hostile exchange with my sheets. I found myself twisted in a mass of sheets. After unwinding myself from those sheets I left the room. The hallway was dark and free from any vampire. I made my way towards the living room but paused at Reiji's room.

Could he chase my dreams away?

I was reluctant to knock on his door but before I could he appeared in the entryway. He dragged me inside and shut the door tightly behind us.

"Quickly tell me, the reason you came here, to this room, at this hour?" He asked in a harsh tone.

I glanced around his room grasping for the lack of words that wouldn't fall from my mouth. A small porcelain glass cup sat on a stand next to a chair, it appeared hot from the strands of smokes that escaped its lip. It dawned on me I had interrupted his teatime. He looked mildly irritated as he positioned himself back on his seat.

"Are you going to start talking now? Be brief about it, time is short, so I'll give you three seconds." He began to countdown.

Three....Two......

One....

"I... I had a scary dream." I blurted sounding like a child.

"Hm...what did you say? You had a scary dream... I see, my goodness." He chuckled.

His remark had gotten under my skin sending me into rage, "Then don't ask." I yelled.

"Ah ha, please don't be angry I wasn't making light of your fear. Actually, I was thinking how very like you it seemed and how cute that was." He spoke with an amused expression lifting the cup to his lips.

"I apologize that was rude of me. Is it not unusual for an ordinary girl in your situation to have a bad dream?" He asked placing the cup back down.

He gazed at me intently waiting for my reply.

"N..no...." I stuttered.

" At any rate.... Now then.... give me your hand." He ordered.

I froze unable to contemplate the command. Was he after my blood  like the others had?

"Oh my, what is the meaning of your hesitation now, after everything. You're not scared of my touch are you? No matter what you say it is far too late to backtrack. Hurry up and come over here."

I slowly ambled over to where he was and stopped in front of him. He took my arm and pulled me to the chair, placing me on his lap.

"Now then....won't you let your blood... satisfy my thirst?

Author Note:

Lots of talking this time. Hope you like it.

see you...

RUKI-SENPAI