Sugar & Spice

Chapter 15: Sugar & Spice

Life and death, a involved mixture, sweetly, beautifully intertwined. All things with form will ultimately decay and vanish. Life cannot exist without death and that is an indisputable certainty.

What is life without death? she pondered as she looked upon his stoic frame.

His muscles shifted under the baggy material of his shirt. Tactfully he raised his sleeve up his forearm until it reached his elbow. He seemed to be preparing food while wearing a black apron.

Do Vampires even eat? She relished the thought.

If Reiji had caught her foolish remark he would have scolded her harshly. She chuckled softly as she spied on him from the door. An appealing aroma billowed from the cast iron skillet. He skillfully mixed the ingredients with a wooden spoon. A grin spread on his face when he sampled the meal from the tip of his thumb.

"Hmm...How wonderful." He exclaimed.

I jumped back hearing a strange noise from outside the kitchen. I looked for the source but came up empty handed. I felt a hand grip my shoulder and the hot breath graze my ear.

"Shall I punish you for spying on me? Indeed perhaps we should use this?" He whispered.

I backed away slightly and gazed at him, he held a fork with a mischievous grin.

"Close your eyes and open your mouth?" He ordered.

"Eh? My mouth? I questioned.

"Make haste." He barked.

"O..okay." I replied shutting my eyes tight

A tangy flavor spread through my mouth as the spoon met my tongue. I opened my eyes and covered my mouth in surprise.

"I...It's delicious."

"That's only natural. It something I put effort into making after all." He replied.

He guided my neck to the side looking for marks. I knew he assumed that I had allowed the others to ruthlessly attack me but I wasn't so weak.

"It seems you miraculously behaved yourself?" He said as he placed another forkful of food in my mouth.

"Your reward."

He smiled gently patting my head. It felt as if my heart had leaped from my chest from his warm touch.

"Now you are free to go." Reiji said motioning toward the door.

"Huh?...weren't you going to punish me?" I asked confused.

"My my could it be that you want me to do so?" He chucked loudly.

"N...no!" I denied.

He quickly pushed me towards the hallway before speaking.

"If I bothered myself with you any further then the food I carefully prepared would be spoiled cold." He said harshly before disappearing into the kitchen.

"That was delicious." I exclaimed to myself.

Maybe he'll let me try more? I shook the thought from my head.

Author Notes:

Short but fun chapter. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it! I'm two weeks out on my post op, I'm recovering but still sore and feeling gross. I'm featuring another character in the next chapter. Who should it be? Ayato? Raito? Kanto? Shu? or Subaru? Or maybe even one of the Mukami brothers!?! Your choice! I'd love to hear from you guys.

see you...

RUKI-SENPAI