Fallen

Chapter 10: Fallen

Death is an fundamental part of life and is as simple as air is to breath. It silently guides us, watches us and shapes us. It can even drives us to madness. Can you really be human if you have no moral end?

I've pondered this over and over, but the person in front of me was clearly not human. He was the epitome of the vampire race. Yes, he was mysterious, regal, arrogant, graceful, pale and bloodthirsty.

He gracefully tipped his tea cup and took a sip reclining backwards against the counter. His hand rested on the sleek marble, it was adorned with a exquisite silver timepiece. The hands of the watch leisurely advanced ignorant that it was expendable to its owner. It was faithful like a dog and although it was neglected it was dedicated to its purposes. He was wearing a simple white collar dress shirt. He loosened the collar and slide his tie downwards. I had never seen him so at ease in his way of dress. I glanced cautiously over the doorway.

"Hm? Why don't you show yourself, instead of hiding?" He called setting his cup down.

"Although , If that's where you've chosen to hide yourself, it's a poor attempt." He chuckled yanking me from the doorway.

"Ah...I'm sorry.."

"No need for apologies, won't you join me for some tea." He smiled.

He took the tea pot on the stove and poured steaming liquid into a tea cup. He handed the cup to me slightly brushing my fingers as he did.

"You should consider this a privilege, to have me serve you personally."

He was as arrogant as always was that smile he showed me earlier fabricated. His expression was back to its usual flawless facade.

"Do you understand the delicate smell of tea?" He asked.

"...it smells good." I couldn't quite explain its floral scent.

"As I thought such a thing is wasted on you." He scoffed.

I blew on my tea trying to dispel its heat. My hands remained warmed against the glass.

"Please drink more. The delicious tea will be spoiled if you don't drink it at the perfect time."

"I will..." I replied taking a sip.

"That's right, please savor it slowly." He said softly.

He inhaled bring the cup closer to his nose. The liquid gave off a clear thread of smoke.

"Ah~..it's really a beautiful small isn't it."

I was distracted by the distinctive ornaments that the cup displayed. I inched closer and reached out to touch it.

"You must'n touch it." He warned.

It was already too late my fingers had knocked the teacup from his hand. It shattered against the floor.

"The teacup has... Didn't I tell you not to touch it!?! Even still, you just carelessly." He clicked his tongue in disdain.

"Your finger has been cut..you're starting to bleed, are you not?" He took my hand in his.

"I'll take care of it." I snapped pulling away.

"Let us quickly treat your hand. Now be quiet and show me your wound." He ordered.

"I lick it clean...like this." His rough tongue trailed down my hand.

"No! Please stop." I yelled.

"Did you not listen to what I said before. I'll say it once more, please be quiet. This is treatment for your hand if you struggle, it'll only give you pain" He snapped.

He pulled out a white box and removed gaze from it. He wrapped my hand cautiously.

"Here we go. It's over now. It was painful, wasn't it. You hid it well."

I couldn't believe that he would just let me go like this, there was something else he wanted I could see the hunger in his eye.

"It appears that treating your hand is the explanation for this." He motioned toward his throat.

He yanked me to him and quickly tore into my neck. It was painful yet I could still retain my senses.

Maybe I was like watch...expendable...

Author Notes:
Omg, I'm so sorry this took so long!?! It's just that I've been busy with essays for school that I kinda neglected this. Don't worry I will be back working on this now.

see you...

RUKI-SENPAI