Emotional Damage (pt 1/3)

(y/n) POV:
______________

You watch as imagines dance across your eyes. A dream... The last thing you could remember was Scaramouche reading you a bedtime story, and then you were asleep. Your eyes flutter open and you sit up slowly. The room was dark and silent. You sigh and pull the covers off your legs. You shake your head slowly. Something catches your eye, and you stand up. You stumble while trying to walk over to the chair. The book that Scaramouche had read to you, sat on the chair, open on a different page. A piece of parchment was folded in the crease of the book, just barely noticeable.

You reach forward and grab the paper, unfolding it and glancing quickly over the words. "Nahida wants to talk to you about the trip to Irminsul. When you wake up (and read this), please get packed up. We'll be gone for some time, so I recommend packing for a few days. Yours sincerely - Scaramouche"

You smile at the note and hug it, the cold parchment pressing against your bare skin, causing your body to be slightly cold. You fold the paper and carefully tuck it away, somewhere safe. You walk around the room before stopping and packing quickly. You gather up all your needed supplies and then walk over to the door. You sigh and open the door carefully. You start walking towards the center of the Sanctuary, noise of two people talking fill the rather empty air.

"She's awake!" Nahida says, looking up from her work. You smile and wave, your eyes focused on Scaramouche. His arms was crossed over his chest, and he looked annoyed. You nod at him and then face Nahida. You reach the platform in the middle of the Sanctuary and glance at Nahida's work. She doesn't notice you, so you just stay looking at the screen. Number and letters were scribbled everywhere. Some weird charts and colors were also put in other places.

You smile and look away, staring out at the vastness of the Sanctuary.
"Are you guys ready to go?" Nahida asks, looking up from her work. You feel a happiness in your chest. You nod your head and peer over at Scaramouche. He shakes his head and frowns.
"I'm not ready, but I doubt I have a choice." He says, sighing. You smirk and turn back to the small Archon.

"You don't have a choice. And the question was more directed towards (y/n)." Nahida replies bluntly. Scaramouche laughs in an evil way. You quickly shoot him a look and he stops.
"Alright. Some ground rules before you go in. The Balladeer is in charge, your there to make sure he gets to the tree, and doesn't do anything bad." Nahida says to you. Your face drops in shock.
"He's in charge?" You ask. Nahida nods and glance over at Scaramouche. You follow her gaze.

Scaramouche continues standing, but an evil grin is in place of his soft smile. You frown and shake your head in denial.
"No... He can't be in charge!" You say frantically.

"I am. As pre Buer's command. That's what we agreed to, right?" Scaramouche says, his voice coming across as if the power was getting to his head.
"

Yes. That's was the agreement." Nahida says quietly.

You whip your head around and gap at the small Archon.
"What the hell Nahida? He can't be in charge!" You shout, honestly scared of what the puppet could manage if he was in control.
"Why can't he?" Nahida asks. The question lingered in the air for quite a while, before the sound of the Balladeer shifting drew your attention towards him.

"Because he can't!" You say finally, shaking your head at the thought of him dictating your every move. Nahida sighs and turns back to her work.
"It's not every day that you see someone question the will of the God of Knowledge. It's quite interesting." Scaramouche jokes. You glance at him over your shoulder, and he puts his hands up in surrender.