Stream of Consciousness

TW: Swearing, Verbal Abuse.
Please read at your own discretion.

(y/n) POV:
____________

"Alright. So we stick to the plan, and don't attract any unwanted attention." Alhathim says, he turns to you concerned.
"And no matter what, remember that everything I do, is to make this work." Alhathim states, you were fully aware that this plan was supposed to seem like Alhathim betrayed you. But you knew very well, what kind of a person he was. He would never do anything like that.

"And also, I know that the Balladeer got in contact with you earlier. Why didn't you tell anyone?" He says, eyeing you suspiciously. You huff in irration. Did this have to be a conversation to be had right now? You think to yourself.
"Yes... Me and the Balladeer did talk earlier. But it was nothing." You say, trying to shrug off the whole situation.

"Nothing?! If he was able to get inside your head, without you making contact to something he stored his consciousness in, both of you must be connected. Meaning that he can access anything you think about, at any time." Alhathim says, pointing to your head.
"I'm fully aware of that." You say, crossing your arms over your chest, and frowning.

"If your aware of that, then let me help you guys get unconnected. We don't need him randomly popping up in your stream of consciousness, and causing this whole mission to fail. A lot is riding on us succeeding." Alhathim says, taking a step toward you. Shocked, you unfold your arms, and take a step back, standing in a slight fighting position.

"I don't need you to do that. We need to complete the mission first, we get back Nahida. Then you can do whatever weird things you want with my stream of consciousness." You say, Alhathim nods, almost upset like, and annoyed.
"Fine, but if he causes us to mess up this whole plan, because he does something, I get to kill him." Alhathim says, an evil grin spreading across his face.

"You think you'll be able to get to him before me? Well then your clearly mistaken." You say, standing up straight, your guard wavering.
"Alright, let's finish this mission and get you to Lesser Lord Kusanli. I'm sure you have a plan to do that? Because once your on your own, theres no way of turning back." He says, his evil grin turning to a thin line.

"Of course I have a plan! You underestimate my abilities." You tease. He smirks.
"Okay, after you." He gestures for you to go infront, you smile and walk out from the corner of the building. He follows close behind.

Step one... Enter the Academia.

So that's where you are? What do you plan on doing there?

You again?

Who else? You know, your mind is quite interesting. Everything that I can look at, it makes being alone all the more interesting.

So, your watching my thoughts?

Yeah, I have been, since you and that Scholar from the Academia got to Sumeru. You know, it seems rather interesting that you would lie to him about me not knowing your plans. And why don't you want to cut me off from your stream of consciousness? Do you plan on keeping me around?

Quite the opposite.

Don't give me false hope Traveler.

What's that supposed to mean?

You know, the Academia is known for their advanced research into the future, making the modern era seem, rather pointless.

Are you just babbling for the sake of babbling?

Why? You don't want me to flood your mind with useless information?

I can't focus!

You are so dense.

Just leave my mind!

You should have taken Alhathim up on the offer to get rid of me.

Shut up!

Shit...

What?

Dottore came back early. It was fine while it lasted, good luck Traveler, I think your going to need it.

Stupid Puppet.

Don't call me that.

So you are still connected to my stream of consciousness?

Bye.

Balladeer?

"Woah!" You fall into the chamber you were meant to be at. You guess that whilst you were talking to Scaramouche, Alhathim must have covered everything that needed to be done. Now it was your turn to get in contact with Nahida. You rush around the chamber for a while, before finally finding a spot to reach the God.

You pray to be able to talk to her, and before long, you already knew where you needed to be.
"I have a question Nahida." You say, before leaving Nahida's mind.
"Yes?" She asks, looking confused.
"The Balladeer has been able to read my thoughts. He just randomly comes into my head, or as Alhathim called it, my stream of consciousness. I thought only you could do that."

"I guess he's farther along in the path to becoming a divine god than we thought. But that's alright, I'm sure everything will be okay." She says, she was the god of wisdom, so you trusted her judgement.

"We'll get you soon Nahida." You say, wanting to reach forward and hug the small god, but thought better of it.
"I'm sure you will, Traveler." She responds, and then your back in the chamber.

Scaramouche's POV:
_________________________

"Your done going into the Traveler's stream of consciousness! You understand." Dottore hisses. I nod.
"This could cost us everything. If we fail this mission, who knows what Jester will do."
"Oh shut up about Jester. We aren't going to fail because I was toying around with the enemy. I never fail." I say, rolling my eyes. Dottore turns around, he doesn't share the same opinion.

"If we fail this, it's your fault. Understood? So win that fucking fight, or kiss your freedom goodbye." Dottore says, before leaving the room again, causing me to be alone with my thoughts. I didn't care if Dottore said I wasn't allowed to. I was still going into (y/n)'s mind. She has some rather... Interesting information that could be beneficial.

"Alright Traveler, let's see what we've got now."