The "Liar" And The Puppet

TW: This chapter contains the following TW's. Swearing, Dottore, Insults and slight PTSD. Please read at your own discretion.

(y/n) POV:
_______________

"What the hell are you doing here Dottore?" Scaramouche growls, you glance over and see the panic in his eyes.
"I was worried about you. When you didn't show up, I came here. Is it so wrong for me to worry about my property?" Dottore says, taking a step forward. You reach down and grip the handle of your sword.

"Your property? What the hell do you mean, 'your property'?" Scaramouche says, his voice frail and filled with worry. You stare at Dottore, ready to cut his face off if he did anything to Scaramouche.
"Have you already forgotten? I own you~." Dottore sings, already towering over Scaramouche. You flash Nahida a 'look what you've done' look, and then walk beside Scaramouche.

"I think you should leave." You say, reaching down to grab Scaramouche's hand. Dottore blinks in confusion and then laughs.
"But I just got here. And as far as I'm concerned..." He starts to say. Dottore leans down and whispers the rest into your ear.
"Your not the one who gets to make decisions." He stands up straight and smirks.

You frown and bite your tongue until the slight taste of blood filled your mouth. You felt yourself wanting to kill the Doctor.
"Well that got you to shut up." Dottore says, turning back to Scaramouche.
"What did you say to her?" Scaramouche says with a growl. Dottore smirks and turns towards Nahida.

"Well it looks like Scaramouche is fine. Maybe I should be getting out of here, many things need my attention currently. It's been nice though." Dottore says, bowing his head and then walking past you. You glance at him as he walks, your eyes narrowed and dark. Dottore stops and turns to face you.
"You really shouldn't make that face. It doesn't look good on you." He says, before turning again and leaving the Sanctuary.

"Well that didn't go good." Nahida says after a really long time of silence.
"You think?" Scaramouche's says, he turns quickly to face Nahida. You could tell by his reaction that his mind was racing. He looked like he was about to burst into tears, or start Archon War II. You squeeze Scaramouche's hand gently in an attempt to comfort him.

He's gaze drops to your hand, before he smiles and stares at you. Then his smile drops and he leans forward.
"What the hell did Dottore say to you?" He says, more serious than before. You shake your head and try to brush of the question, but Scaramouche sighs and stands back. He pouts slightly, you could tell he was upset about this whole situation.

"Balladeer?" Nahida starts to say, but Scaramouche shoots her an evil glare and she clears her throat.
"Right, Scaramouche. What did the Doctor mean by, 'my property'?" Nahida asks, examining the puppet.
"I, don't really want to talk about it." Scaramouche replies with a stutter. Nahida shakes her head and walks up to Scaramouche.

"You don't wish to tell me what's wrong, so will you at least tell
(y/n)?" Nahida asks, staring at at your hands, and the fact that you were holding hands. You stare down, just now realizing how warm, and soft Scaramouche's hands were. You feel your face go red, and then a smile creeps across your face.

"So what did you guys do at the cafe?" Nahida asks, turning away from you two. You look up quickly at Nahida, shocked at how she knew. You see from the corner of your eye that Scaramouche was thinking that same thing, because he had the same reaction.
"You don't know everything I can do. But it's best not to keep secrets from me." She says, she turns and winks at you.

"I don't know what your talking about?" Scaramouche says, he rips his hand from your grip and crosses his arms over his chest. You feel a little hurt by his sudden distance.
"Like I said, I already know what happened. Why not just tell me?" Nahida says, continuing to work on the screen.

You shake your head and stare at the puppet. He doesn't seem to notice you, and if he did, he didn't care.
"Nothing happened. We went out for lunch. And if anything were to happen..." He stares at you and shakes his head.
"It wouldn't be with her." He says, facing Nahida again. You feel your heart drop, your stomach lurch.

You stare down at your feet and fiddle with your hands, suddenly feeling shy. Like you wanted to disappear, or turn invisible and leave.
"I don't think (y/n) feels the same." Nahida says, her tone sounded like she was teasing you. You stare at her and shake your head.
"What do you mean by that?" Scaramouche asks, his voice low.

You turn to him and wave your hands in denial.
"She doesn't mean that, she was just joking." You say, trying to desperately to hide the obvious truth.
"Nahida isn't one to make jokes. So tell me what she means." Scaramouche says, lowering his hands and walking towards you angerliy. You back up and smile.

"She was teasing, you could hear it in her voice!" You say nervously. Scaramouche frowns and stares at you intently.
"Do you like me?" He asks finally, after a long while of silence. You blush suddenly.
"What- no! I don't like you!" You say, attempting act shocked. He smirks and leans forward.

"Your a terrible liar." He whispers, before standing up and walking away.
"Alright Nahida. I'm going to sleep. Have fun with the liar." Scaramouche says, leaving you and the small god alone together.
"Did he just call you a liar?" Nahida asks, turning her head to look at you. You smile nervously and nod.
"Yeah I think he did!" You say quietly. Nahida smiles and waves you away.

"You should probably go and sleep as well." She says, facing her work again. You nod again, even though she couldn't see you. You turn and head towards you room.