• Chapter 14 •

heyyy my loves!

just a little diclaimer, i don't speak spanish, i know little to nothing about spanish (my only source is google translate and the duolingo course i'm failing), so if it's gramatically incorrent feel free to correct me!

°•○●⸸●○•°

After letting Hassan go, Rora got quieter than ever. It alarmed Soap the most, missing the woman who could barely shut up. And even though Ghost would never admit it, her witty comments and flirtatious smirk left a hollow space between them.

The blow she took to her head didn't do her right either. It only seemed to get worse, her bottled-up frustration thumping against her temple. And the fact that they were already moving on the whole Hassan ordeal, focusing on another mission, just seemed to drain her more.

,,My sources tell me all the VIPs in Las Almas will be there tonight," Alejandro informed, all of them standing on a lookout, a perfect spot to see the whole city before them, the city lights flashing in the night like fireflies. „Some are invited, others are, umm..."

„Volun-told...?" Graves offered, the leader of Los Vaqueros nodding along.

„Yes."

„What's the meet about?" the Shadow asked, turning his attention away from the mansion.

„Us," Alejandro answered, piquing her interest finally. „Las Almas is burning, and they want to know who lit the fire."

„Sin Nombre will be there, yeah?" Ghost called from beside her, both of them standing slightly off the others. Rora didn't have the energy to pretend like she was such a tactical person like they were, engaging about the mansion, so she just stood off the side, a few steps away from Ghost.

She noticed he always seemed to fall back on the others, always keeping an eye on everybody else, usually him being the one closest to the exit. The pain in his eyes surfaced her memory, letting her eyes fall on his frame.

She saw similar behavior in her father, just after they held her mother's funeral. He was always on the edge, trying so hard to shield his daughter from everything that in the end, she lost her father too, despite him still being alive. She didn't know back then, but PTSD was a bitch she wanted to punch in the face.

And seeing it again on someone who looked like even God himself can't destroy was heart-wrenching.

„No guarantees but this is our best shot," Alejandro turned to face them, Rora finally stepping closer to pretend like she was paying attention the whole time. Soap offered her a friendly look, the faintest smile appearing on her lips.

„Then we take it," Graves was so confident about himself that Rora couldn't contain her snort, earning a questioning look from the fair man.

„That's easier said than done," she declared, her mood still a little salty.

„I got enough Shadows here to take over the whole damn country," Graves disclosed, pointing his index finger towards the mansion and around, emphasizing his words.

„I'd prefer if you didn't," the Vaquero Colonel mumbled on her left, earning an apologetic look from her.

„I'm just sayin'... one house shouldn't be a problem," the American man cleared, Rora holding back the urge to roll her eyes. She was almost positive that she alone could take most of the man inside, leaving the rest to deal with Soap and Ghost.