• Chapter 20 •

„Get down!" Rora screamed, aiming her rifle above Ghost's shoulder, taking out a man who was running at them, ready to shoot them.

A bullet went past her head, only missing by a few inches, forcing her to back down to cover. She pressed her back against the cold blue container they found, a storm of bullets raining down on them. Ghost was quick to terminate some soldiers behind enemy lines, but the backfire seemed to be too strong for their small team.

„Fucking rats are everywhere!" the woman called out, yelling over the chaos around her, taking out another man with her deadly aim. The rain falling over their heads made it more difficult by the minute to see clearly, her patience running low.

„Just hold on!" he yelled back, popping out the now empty magazine from his gun, reloading at the speed of light.

„I still have grenades!" an idea came into her mind, earning a pointed look from him.

„No explosives!"

„But-"

Cutting her off with a cold look, he reached for the radio on his vest, directing his words now to the rest of the team.

„All stations! Visual on the missile controls! I say again, missiles controls are on the bridge!" he barely got time to finish his sentence, he was already reaching for his gun, hitting two other men that just descended the stairwell on the other end of the cargo. „Eighteen."

Her rifle run out, and a man was making his way more quickly through the loose cargo shipments than it would be ideal, so she reached for the pistol holstered on her thigh, shooting him twice, once in the head, once in the chest.

„Sixteen!" she exclaimed, flashing a grin at him. „I'll beat your ass, Lt.!"

„Keep trying, Sergeant!"

Copy that!" came Graves' voice through the comms, interrupting their banter. „Ghost, this is 0-1! Back in the water. Inbound to your position!"

„Solid copy!" Ghost replied, only stopping for a heartbeat to watch Rora shoot at the men trying to reach them. A permanent angry scowl was sharpening her features, her cold eyes turning stormy like the sky above their heads, gaze like steel flashing to any movement, trying her best to get them into a better position. „We're taking effective fire! The LZ will be hot!"

„Roger that!"

The two of them emerged from cover at the same time, aiming their guns at the men slipping through the numerous loose containers, which failed to stay strapped down because of the storm and harsh waves, seemingly all hell breaking loose.

„Just one grenade!" Rora tried again, sending a desperate look to the man beside her. For a moment, he didn't reply, sparking hope in her chest as a smile already made its presence on her lips, ready to cause more chaos.

She thrived in chaos, especially in the one she caused.

„Stand down, Wells," came his answer a moment later, shattering her hope in an instant. A pout took the place of her smile, taking her sudden anger out on the poor soldier that was closer to her, releasing several bullets into him.

She had to bite her tongue to not fight back, knowing damn well that he had an iron grip on her. He knew that she will cause more unnecessary chaos, and it was already starting to get out of hand. Plus, he would rather not have the whole cargo ship sink because of her urge to blow things up.

Soon enough, a loud crash shook her world, her head snapping towards the noise, only to watch a dingy slam into the ship, sliding across the floor and landing only a few feet next to them. From it, Graves and Soap jumped off, already shooting at the enemy lines, covering them.