• Chapter 28 •

„You're fuckin' cheating!" Soap slammed his hands on the table, pointing a finger at Rora. She had to try her hardest to hold back a laugh as she stared back at the furious Scotsman. When he got angry, his accent popped a lot more, and the fact that he let out a few Scottish curse words only made it harder to take him seriously.

„Maybe Uno is just not your game, lad," Gaz popped his lips, currently stopping in the middle of cleaning his gun. He was the first to lose, so he just wanted something to occupy his hands.

„Neither is anything," Rora sang with the most innocent smile on her face. Alejandro let out a hearty laugh across from her, and even Soap found it hard to not smile at least a little.

„Away an bile yer heid," Soap threw his hands in the air, giving up on fighting for his truth.

„Did somebody else hear bagpipe noises?" dramatically, Rora turned around in her seat, looking around with narrowed eyes. Gaz finally broke beside her as he tried to hide his laugh behind his hand, looking away from Soap.

„You want your arse handed to you, ye fuckin' bampot?" Soap pushed his chair back, and that was her breaking point as Rora threw her head back, laughing along with the boys around her.

But their fun only lasted for so long, as Price burst through the door, Ghost right after him. Her smile faltered as her eyes met with his, all the others quieting down as well.

„Alright, listen-" Price spoke up, his voice bouncing back from the walls, earning all the attention in the room as he stopped at their table. Alejandro rose from his seat, his previous smile nowhere to be found. „We are taking back your HQ. We are getting our prisoner. We are killing Commander Graves."

We are killing Commander Graves.

Those words were the most beautiful ones she have heard in a long time, her body already switching into mission mode. Placing down her cards on the table, she leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table. She would've stood up if she could because all the energy filling every inch of her body made her fidgety, but she had to rest her leg a little more.

„When?" Rudy asked the question all of them wanted to know the answer to.

„Now," Ghost spoke up for the first time, her eyes immediately snapping to his face. Their eyes met again, fire igniting within her. This was the first time they were in such close proximity since the whole training ground thing.

„This is a fight against our own... We are not 141 and Los Vaqueros on this. We're a team..." Rora's observant eyes watched as Ghost pulled out a backpack, then dumped its content on the table they were playing Uno only a few minutes ago. Her entire body froze at the sight of the masks. „..Ghost Team."

Her thoughts involuntary wandered towards Everett, her eyes catching a glimpse of his ghost in the back corner. But when she looked there, there was nobody. Price's gaze softened when he noticed the sudden shift in her mood and sent her a tight smile as encouragement. She nodded in his direction with gratitude, but a small motion on her left diverted her attention.

Ghost pulled his mask off, in front of everyone. And suddenly, she forgot how to breathe.

His eyes found hers in a heartbeat, staring down at her, and even though she was still pissed at him and wanted to punch him in the face, she couldn't help but stare at him with amazement. In the light, she could finally take a better look at his features, cursing in her head that he was truly not ugly.

°•○●⸸●○•°

„We're fixing each other's problems," Soap declared happily, stopping Rora in the middle of crafting another Molotov. She only was making it in her break time trying to find him: somehow they just happened to miss each other.