• Chapter 3 •

After a lengthy rundown of their missions, she was positioned in Bravo Team led by the skull-face masked man named Ghost and Sergeant MacTavish, who ran by Soap on the field. Rora thought it was hilarious, because what kind of name was Soap, but she heard worse ones in her previous unit.

She thought about requesting herself to Alpha Team in hopes that she would avoid Ghost and the demons he brought with him by the mere sight of him, but that meant she had to talk to him, and she would rather avoid that. He was her lieutenant after all, and she couldn't just run away.

It was just such a shame every time she looked at him, a piece of her heart broke every time.

In the helo a dim red light shone above their heads as they approached the sight, Rora sitting between two random soldiers. From there, she could barely see Ghost, and that was perfectly fine with her, until he rose from his seat, his heavy footsteps breaking her out of her thoughts.

„Bravo team offloads here," he announced, his voice confident and cold, his eyes scanning over the soldiers seated inside the helo. „Alpha team stays onboard to land downrange. Both teams meet in the middle."

Rora remembered the map that was shown to her. She had to sweep and clear building one and two with Bravo Team, while Alpha Team takes upon building three, the two teams closing on the potential target.

Ghost strolled down the little space, his entire being suffocating to her, and before she knew it, his steps fell before her, his mountain-like build towering over her. In the red lighting, he looked more menacing than ever before, his eyes hollow and void-like, threatening to suck her soul deep within, but she forced herself to maintain eye contact with him.

„Sergeant Wells," he pronounced her name like nobody, and maybe it was because of his accent, but it sounded like an ancient spell, clouding her mind. „Captain Price informed me that your stealth skills are exceptional."

Upon mentioning Price's name, a small smile appeared on her lips, a hint of pride warming her chest. Of course, Price would brag about her skills.

Rora wasn't good at many things. In fact, she was bad at most things in life, like pulling the door that obviously says 'push', or her mathematic skills being equivalent to a twelve-year-old's, but her stealth skills were truly exceptional. She always had an eye for other people's weak points, and that ability paired up with her death-silent steps and great skills with close combat, making her one of the best. At least, that was in her previous squad, but in the current one, she doubted the 6'4" man would be the best at stealth.

„That's true," Rora nodded her head, adjusting her night-vision goggles on the top of her head.

„Good. I need those skills in the field," he gave her a short nod, already making his way towards the ramp, glancing back at the others. The helo was descending, a sudden rush of adrenaline making her heart beat quicker as he spoke to the whole squad this time. „Remember, we want Hassan alive, but this is capture or kill."

The helo shook as they landed, the Bravo Team quickly making their way off the ramp, and with that, Rora rose to her feet, clicking the night vision in place, following the lead of the others. She went past Ghost without sparing him any glances, he waiting upon Soap. They spoke a few words she didn't catch on before they followed behind her.

She landed soundlessly in the thick grass, her eyes scanning the horizon. It was so dark out, it was impossible to see anything without the night vision goggles, the air was humid and she tried her best to concentrate on the mission with all her might.

Razor-1. Bravo deployed. Moving to secondary HLZ," the pilot spoke in the comms, the helicopter they just came already moving on. Rora let her head fall back as she watched it fly away, fixing her eyes on one of the soldier's back after a few seconds.