Bonus chapter III: Rora and her wish

Bonus chapter III:

Rora and her wish

For days, Rora said nothing to Simon.

She thrived in the way his posture straightened and eyes narrowed whenever she came his way, only flashing him a smile before walking past him. She enjoyed making him wait, building tension. Watching as the anticipation almost pushed him over the edge.

While getting lunch at the base, they somehow ended up beside each other. Rora refused to talk to him.

„What do you want?" Simon grumbled out, his deep voice coming from much closer than she thought. He must be standing right behind her.

„Someone's in a good mood," she sighed as she picked an apple. She craved some fruits today.

„I have things to do," he continued, following her. Rora straightened her spine and fought off a smile. „Make your wish, get this over with."

Finally, she turned her head to look at him. Her eyes looked deeply into his dark eyes, the balaclava covering his face giving away nothing else.

„Not yet."

And a few days later, chaos and demise aproached in the form of a smiling Rora Wells.

„Oh, hey, Ghost!" Rora chirped, gaining said man's attention. As well as all the others around them.

„Ew," Soap grimaced, and she lifted a shaped eyebrow at him. „What's this good mood? Sassy Rora is much more fun."

„I'll break into your room and swap your shampoo with hair remover if you don't shut up," the woman smiled at him sweetly, folding her hands in front of her chest. His face paled a little.

„Rog," Soap nodded and with that, he turned around and headed out of the room. Gaz didn't dare to say a word as his dark eyes jumped between them, not wanting to get on her bad side.

Nobody wanted to be on her bad side. Most people who were there didn't live a long life.

So instead, Gaz went right back to reading his book and shutting the others out. Leaving Ghost, who only just got to sit down and watch some TV, deal with Rora on his own.

„Yes, Wells?" Ghost asked, barely glancing at her. He had a long day with the long training and meetings, and MacTavish talked an awful lot today. That alone could drain his social batteries almost completely.

„Whatcha doin'?" Rora leaned over the couch, glancing at the TV screen. It was football. She didn't like football.

„Picking flowers," Simon deadpanned, sliding lower in his seat. He didn't remember when was the last time he got more sleep than 5 hours.

„Great!" she patted his shoulder, the muscles under her touch flexing. „I'll just have to say my wish later. Since you're so busy with picking flowers."

Simon closed his eyes as he let out a sigh, hearing her retrieving steps. This could've been over already. But he messed it up.

„She got you around her little finger, mate," Gaz said from behind his book, his voice making Simon let out a frustrated grunt. He switched the TV off and headed to his room.

°•○●⸸●○•°

Rora was on a mission today.

It was a good day, really. Well, not so great, since the air conditioning broke at the base, but fortunately to her, that meant they could stay one more day here.