Bonus Chapter I: Rora meeting König

Bonus Chapter I:

Rora meeting König

Rora's knees were bouncing up and down as excitement almost caused her body to explode. She was currently sitting in Price's office at the base in Chicago, basically tuning out everything the Captain has said to her after the new announcement.

They going to get a new temporary member of the group. And Price wanted her to show him around the base.

She never got to play tourist guide with the new kids in high school. Mostly because she was one of the worst students and only the top of the class, goody-two-shoes people got to introduce the new kid. But she loved meeting new people and getting them comfortable. Even though she hated most people, she learned to appreciate the joy she could give to others.

And today was one of her good days. And she got to be a tour guide! What a fucking day!

„Are you even listening, flower?" Price snapped her out of it, a stern look overtaking his features.

„'Course," Rora brushed him off, him giving her an unimpressed look. It felt like getting scolded by your father for not paying attention to his lessons, but she only flashed him a charming smile. „I'll be fine, Cap, don't worry."

„Oh, I'm not worried about you," Price leaned back in his big leather chair, putting a cigar in his mouth. „I'm worried about you scaring off the new kid."

„I'm lovely," Rora gasped, getting offended. „I'll be the best tour guide ever!"

„Sure," he scoffed, pulling out his lighter and lighting the end of his cigar. The urge to smack that thing across the room grew inside her, right next to her frustration. „Just don't be overwhelming. Or loud. And no sexual jokes, either, for God's sake!"

„So don't be myself," Rora deadpanned, earning a small nod from Price. „It's like telling the Sun to stop shining! You can't ask me that!"

Price placed his hat on the table, rubbing his temple as he stared at the wall, acting like she was such a troubled child. Well, maybe she was, but she was right. She was fabulous and she knew that, he can't tell her to just stop being fabulous.

„Y'know what, I can just ask Gaz-"

„No!" Rora cut him off, his bushy eyebrows shooting up in surprise. The woman cleared her throat in an attempt to calm her nerves down. „I was waiting for this opportunity my entire life. I'll be great and he'll have the time of his life here. I won't let you down."

„Okay," a deep chuckle rumbled from his chest. He hasn't seen her so adamant about something in a long time. The last time was when she tried to reason with him to let her work with Kate. He wasn't happy. He still wasn't that happy about her being an Agent at this point, but he knew Rora and Kate well enough to know there was no stopping the two.

Especially when they joined forces. The two of them were a deadly combo he wasn't ready to face.

And that's how she got to stand in front of the arriving helicopter, her hair flying around her head like there was a tornado, but she didn't mind. Since she wasn't an official member of the military, she didn't have to fit into specific rules. Rules about her clothing and hair attire, which was a fucking blessing. She hated how she had to wake up earlier to do her hair into the tightest bun of mankind, and still have fly-away hairs in the middle of the day.

Since she became Agent Aurora Wells, she never twisted her hair into a bun. Whenever she could, she wore her hair let down, the gentle black waves reaching her shoulder blades. Simon liked her hair like this the most.