Chapter 7: Baby Names

Möbius awoke to the sound of him puking again. "Babe." Mobius said as he poured him a glass of ginger ale. He walked towards the bathroom and saw him standing in front of the mirror. "What's wrong, babe?" He repeated. "It got bigger." Loki said. "What got bigger?" Möbius asked. He walked towards him slowly trying to not trigger a mood swing. "OH." Möbius said as he looked at his stomach. "Stop staring." Loki said as he pulled his shirt down. Loki began crying as he walked into the bedroom. "Hey." Möbius said softly. "It's okay." He told him. "I'm so fat." Loki said as he cried. "You are not fat." Möbius said. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought about what he should say next. "You are beautiful. You are growing our little princess inside of you. You should be proud of yourself." Möbius said. "It's all your fault." Loki suddenly snapped. "Oh shit." Möbius thought to himself. "You seemed peachy keen about it." Möbius said aloud. Loki slapped him across the face which only started to make him cry again. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He said as he sobbed. Möbius just chuckled as he sat next to him. They laid together as he cried. "Take a deep breath." Möbius told him. "Did I hurt you?" Loki said softly as he laid against his chest. "I'm fine." Möbius said. "You sure are a wave of emotions though." He added. Loki just nodded as Mobius handed him the ginger ale. "Feel better?" He asked him. They cuddled together and talked baby names. "I don't like Kristine." Loki said. "But that's a nice name." Möbius said. "What do you like?" He asked. "I don't know. It will just come to me." He said. "Can I at least tell you what I am thinking?" Möbius asked. "Sure." He replied as he leaned back on the bed. "Elizabeth." "Definitely not." Loki replied. "Rachel?" Möbius said. "Who names their kid that?" Loki said. "Danielle?" Möbius said. Loki was silent for a second. "I like that one." He said softly. Möbius wrapped his arms tighter around him. "Hannah?" Möbius said. "No." Loki replied. "Ophelia?" Möbius said. "No. I've read Hamlet and No." Loki said. "Stephanie." Möbius said. He remained silent again. "So we are getting there then." Möbius said. "Mhmm." Loki replied. "Evelyn." Möbius said. Loki shot up quickly at that one. "Möbius." Loki said softly. Möbius put his hands in his. "That's her name Mobius." Loki said. Tears began pouring down his face as he sobbed. "It's alright." Möbius said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "It's okay." He repeated. "Do you have a middle name in mind?" Möbius said. "Mhmm." Loki said as he left the hug. "Evelyn Marie Laufeyson." Loki said aloud. "That's beautiful. I love it." Möbius said. Loki chuckled as Mobius put a hand on his stomach. "You want something to eat?" He asked him. "That would be nice." Loki said. Möbius went to the cafeteria and got their lunch before going back and finding him reading. "Hey." He said softly as he walked back in. "Hmm." Loki replied as he looked up from his book. "I brought you lunch. Casey was asking about you." Möbius said. Loki took the food from him and began eating it. "So what did you tell him?" He asked. "I told him that you were investigating on the variant, and I found out that they pruned her." He told him. "She is no longer a threat, Loki." He added. Loki stopped eating and put his food down. "So you are no longer in need of me?" He asked softly. "No, sweetheart. Lokes, Ravonna said that I have another case and that you could stay." He told him. "Mobi, I don't want to be a burden. You could rid of me at any point." Loki said. He saw him push the plate aside and he scooted closer to him. "Listen to me." He told him. "You are not a burden, and I need you here. I think she can see that I am more into my cases with you here." Mobius said. Loki chuckled, "I don't believe that." He said. He took a drink of his water and picked up the plate again. "So, what's the next subject in question?" Loki asked. "It's a standard Nexus event, shouldn't be too much of a problem. The Hunters are already on it." Mobius told him. Loki just nodded slowly and put his plate on the nightstand before he stood up. "I'm going to go shower." He told him. After about an hour, Loki came back out in his robe and his pants. "Hey." Möbius said softly. "I'm going to bed." Loki replied quietly. "I know." Möbius replied. "I've got to go to a meeting, I'll wake you up when I get here." He told him. Loki got under the covers after removing his robe and fell asleep. It was around midnight when Möbius got back because the Nexus event had gotten worse and they had to go on the timeline to fix it. He tried to be as quiet as possible going into the room but he saw him shoot up the minute the door opened. "Möbius?" Loki said quietly. "I'm here." He said as he walked over to the bed. He changed and got in bed with him. "Did everything go okay?" Loki said. "It branched to red line but we got it stable again. We will have to go out to finish it up tomorrow. Sorry about getting here this late." Möbius told him. The only response was his snores. He always did that. He couldn't stay awake once he got there. He fell asleep next to him.