chapter 32

*Florence's pov*

Things have been great since that night with Cedric. We shared a hot and heavy make out session and then he brought out some food. It was an assortment of all our favorite foods.

We sat and took turns talking about things. He listened to me ramble about classes with a smile the whole time. I listened to he talk about how boring it was at the hospital. After we finished our food we laid down on our backs and stargazed.

I always loved doing that with my parents. We would sit in our yard and just watch the stars for hours. My mother is super into astrology. That's where I get it from. I've been learning about it since I can remember.

And then... Well I'll let you imagine the rest.

Let's just say it was very little sleep for both of us.

Now it's Thursday afternoon and I'm sitting with Hermione in the library. I really love Hermione but sometimes she can over do it. Not everyone wants to sit in the library all day. I tried to suggest we go outside to study but she said "what if I need a book?" So I guess that was that.

To keep myself busy I got up going to pick a book for myself seeing as I was done with studying for the day.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked finally looking up from her book.

"To find a book I'm done studying. We don't even have owls why are you studying?" I replied.

"You could never be too prepared flo" she shrugged casually.

"Oh trust me yes you can. You do it every year. You study for stuff that isn't even on the test. Relax a bit not everything is about studying" I walked away before she could answer.

I wandered the shelves aimlessly not knowing what I was looking for. Maybe I could read about quidditch. I wasn't on the quidditch team that was more Harry's thing than mine but I did enjoy the sport. I wanted to try out for the team but I always chickened out at the last second.

I was always worried I wasn't good enough. Worried that I might mess up and everyone would hear about it. Maybe next year would be different but maybe not.

Cedric was on the Hufflepuff team. I've been to one game before I really knew him he was good. He gave Harry a run for his money. Of course I wasn't there to support him I was there to support Harry. Though of course Gryffindor won.

I will never let Cedric live that down. When we finally got together I brought it up about a thousand times. I know that annoys him. That's why I do it.

I smiled at the memory of me and Cedric sitting in the dark corner of the library. No one knew we were there they couldn't see or hear us. It was a good night that night. Us trying to contain our laughter as not to alert anyone or draw attention.

We laughed at something his friends did. Something about James getting rejected by one of the ravenclaw girls for saying he wasn't smart enough for her. Cedric couldn't even get a full sentence out without laughing.

Our conversation has shifted from his friends embarrassing encounter to quidditch in an instant. Conversations between the two of us flow so well. Cedric can really hold a conversation.

After that we said goodbyes we went our separate ways to our common rooms. That night I swear I had a smile on my face as I fell into a deep sleep.

I was brought back into reality by a hand touching my waist. I hadn't realized how long I've been standing there but must have been a while. I hadn't heard anyone around me.

"Hello gorgeous" that voice I remembered so well.

It brought a smile to my face every time I heard it. Just knowing he was there, close to me.