chapter 26

*Florence's pov*

Today is the day of the last task.
It scares the crap out of me knowing Cedric and Harry will be competing. No one knows what the last task is and it's scary. So their both just walking blindly into it.

Harry has been a nervous reck the past week. And so has Cedric. He's been on edge and hasn't really been eating. I've tried feeding him food but all he does is say he's not hungry.

It got to the point that I would have to force the food down his throat and wait until he swallows it.

So today when I woke up I decided to get up and show my support for both. I put on one of Cedric's sweaters I never gave back. And paired it with some dark blue jeans.

I decided to leave my hair down. I waited for Hermione to get ready just messing around with a quill.
I started to write something on my hand when Hermione stepped out in a red scarf around her neck.

"You ready?" She asked grabbing her bag.

"Yeah let's go" I say feeling the nerves start to bubble up.

I wanted to see Cedric and Harry before the task starts.
When we walk down stairs we see Harry in his jersey and Ron in his normal baggy clothes.

I could tell Harry was nervous because he kept playing with his hands and looking around the room. We walked down the stairs and walked where the boys were standing.

"Hey guys" Hermione says once we reach them.

Ron just mumbles something that sounds like a hello. But Harry stays quiet.

"How are you feeling Harry?" I ask concern lacing my voice more than I wanted it to.

"I'm alright, just nervous I guess" he says still playing with his hands.

"Your going to do great" I say putting a hand in his shoulder trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Yeah I hope so" he mumbles under his breath as we start to make our way to where the task is being held.

When we get there, there are people walking around and finding seats trying to get a good view. We walk up to where all the teachers are.

"What the bloody hell did they do to the quidditch field?" Ron asks.

We all look at see a tall maze in place of where the quidditch field used to be.

"Wait the last task is a maze?" Hermione stated the obvious.

You could tell by the look on Harry's face that he was nervous. And he had every right to be. He had been very brave through all of this. It was quite admirable.

The task was to start in a couple of minutes and Harry was being dragged away by professor mad eye Moody.
We were about to find some seats when I head my name being called.

"Florence come here!" Cedric yelled across the field.

I turned and saw him and his parents standing at the front of the maze.
God he looked good. Amazing actually. But he always did.

Wait he wants me to meet his parents?

I'm not ready for that. What if they don't like me. What if I say something wrong. What if I'm too awkward and they don't think I'm right for their son. Would they think I was too young? It's a big thing meeting someone's parents especially if that someone is your boyfriend.

I slowly turn towards my friends both of them not paying any attention.

"Hey I'll be right back ok? Save me a seat" I say walking toward the diggory family.