Chapter 2

His eyes were a stormy gray. The way his face shined in the sun. He was wearing a light brown sweater with a greenish jacket and brown jeans. He looked like an angel. I then realized he was standing in front of me with his hand extended for me to shake. "Cedric diggory". My mouth was suddenly sewn close. "Are you alright?" "Uhh yeah I'm fine, Im Florence, Florence Jones". "Well it's nice to meet you Florence" "yeah you to".

We continued to walk. Next to me was hermione and ginny they were talking about something I wasn't really listening to the conversation I was in my own world. I only realized that we had arrived to the portkey when I bumped into George. "Calm down love there's enough of me to go around" "shut it George". I walked over to the boot when I heard Harry say "what are they all doing around that manky old boot?" "That isn't any old manky" "it's a portkey". We all surrounded it I was in between Harry and Hermione. Amos diggory started to count "one, two" "Harry". Harry grabbed on the boot and we started spinning. I felt dizzy my head was going a thousand miles and hour. "Let go kids" "what?" "Let go". We all let go I started screaming as I felt myself fall. Finally I hit the ground with a thud. "Ow" I groaned.  Suddenly I saw my father and Mr. Diggory, Mr. Weasley, and Cedric walking down as if it was the easiest thing ever.

Once they hit the ground Cedric came up to me and yet again extended his hand in front of me. I took it and gave him a small thanks not wanting to say anymore. He made her feel different and she didn't like it. Florence was not one for love or crushes. She had never felt this way like ever.

*Cedric's pov*

I extended my hand to her. She took it and gave a small thanks, almost a whisper. What was her problem? I mean I was just being nice the least she could do was say it a little louder.

As we continued walking she never even gave me a glance. Why was she being so rude. She was absolutely beautiful, I've heard a lot about her and her father from my dad. He would say how nice the whole family was but I didn't think she would be so mean.

*Florence pov*

I knew he was staring at me but I didn't want to look at him. I don't know why I was being so rude it's the first thing that came to mind. He was being so nice and I was being a complete jerk.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as we continued walking. Eventually we got to cup, I immediately heard cries of joy and people singing songs. The atmosphere seemed so peaceful and happy. I was glad that I was here. Ron was fantasizing over Victor crum. "He's amazing I can't wait to see him at he's totally gonna win" "I think your in love Ron" I replied. "Shut up Florence" he walked away. Me and Hermione started to burst out laughing. We only stopped when the diggory's started to say goodbye. "See you soon Amos" My farther said. "And Cedric it was good to meet you" "you to Mr. Cormwell". He shot me a look and winked. I rolled my eyes. He really was a pretty boy.

      *Flash forward to the match*

After we got settled in we got out of the tent and made our way to the match. We were going to meet the diggory's there. I had been preparing myself to put on my mean face. I couldn't feel that way, I didn't even know what that feeling was.

We were pretty high up when ron said "how high are we?" "Well put it this way, if it rains you'll be the first to know". It was Lucius Malfoy. The Malfoy's always thought they were better than all the other families even though my family were pureblood's it didn't matter they had to be better.
"Farther and I are in the ministers box by personal invitation by Cornelius fudge" "don't boast draco, there's no need with these people". Harry grabbed my arm to leave when Lucius put his cane on his hand.
"Do enjoy yourself while you can". He let go and Harry rubbed it where his cane was. "Are you alright?" I asked after we had got away. "Yeah just a little sore". I saw the red mark on his hand and touched it.

We continued to walk until we saw the diggory's. Cedric looked at me and started to make his way towards me. I tried my best to walk away but Hermione gave me a push and a wink. I would get her back for that. He eventually got to me and smiled a pearly white smile. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him. He then followed me to the railings. Harry then came next to me and whispered in my ear. "Looks like pretty boy diggory has a crush" " shut up Harry".
He laughed and went to talking to Ron who hadn't stopped talking about how great victor crum was. Cedric then came next to me and started to try and make small talk. "So who do you think will win?" "I don't know". I said quietly.

                     *Cedric's pov*

The whole time I tried to make small talk but every time I would she would answer with a small nod or a quiet yes or no. I had been trying for so long I had nothing to talk about anymore. When the match was over she quickly left my side and ran to talk to Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

I didn't get to talk to her again that night, my dad and me walked back to our tent when my dad spoke "pretty girl that Florence is am I right?" My dad nudged my arm "uhh yeah, yeah she is". 

                   *Florence pov*

We made our way back to the tent when Ron was yet again talking about victor crum. "He's like a bird the way he flys, he's more than an athlete he's an artist" "I think your in love Ron". I said to him as I walked by. "Shut up"
"Victor I love you, victor I do". We all started singing. "When we're apart my heart beats only for you". We all laughed when we heard something going on outside. "Looks like the Irish got their pride on" "stop it's not the Irish".  That's when it all went south.