chapter 21

*Florence's pov*

It has been a week since Cedric and I spent the night together. He's been avoiding me and I have no idea why.
I've tried talking to him, believe me I tried. But everytime he saw me he would turn away and walk the opposite direction.

I don't know what his problem is.
Did I do something wrong. Did I make him feel bad or did we take it to far to fast. I concluded that he did regret it.
I have to admit I've been in a mood ever since that day.

I felt used like he didn't care about me. I mean that night was very special to me. I've never done that before so it was new and I choose him. I wanted him to do it.
I didn't want to get out of bed some mornings. I didn't want to see him.
He seems fine though. He laughs a lot more than I do. He seems completely fine with his decision.

I'm happy for him. I'm glad he's happy. But I mean he could've at least talked to me to my face instead of ghosting me completely.
It's messed up if I'm honest. I never thought Cedric would do something like that. He was known as pretty boy.

I thought Hufflepuff's we're supposed to be nice. Not a complete arse.

Trust me my behavior didn't go unnoticed by anyone. The first day it happened Hermione instantly noticed and asked what was wrong.
But as days went on it started getting worse. I didn't want to talk to anyone or even put in any effort.
I was doing fine in classes because I knew I couldn't fail.

Days started to merge together. I felt like my life was in a constant loop.
The last task was coming up soon in about 2 months and Harry was stressing a bit but not more than usual.

So we all decided to try and take his mind of of things by taking him to the 3 broomsticks for some butter beer.
I tried to fix my attitude for today but even my smiles looked fake.
So I just got dressed and made my way down to the common room.
After I waited awhile Hermione and the boys showed up surprised to see me up and ready so early.

We made our way to the three broomsticks and ordered our drinks.
We talked and laughed. And for the first time in awhile I started to feel normal. They made me feel normal.

After we finished our drinks we made our way to honey duke's because Ron said he wanted to get some sweets.
We all went in and I even got some chocolate wands. After we left we started to make our way back to the castle. Ron and Hermione went ahead while I stayed back with Harry.

"Is everything alright with you?" Harry asked.
"Everything's fine why?" I lied.
"Well you've just kinda been in a mood the past week and I just want to make sure you're ok."
"Yup everything is good."
"I know what happened between you and Cedric."
I stopped right in my tracks.
How did he know about that.
I thought we hid it well.
"What are you talking about?"
"Come on flo don't play dumb. I've seen the little looks you give each other, it's rather cute."
"Harry I didn't mean to lie to you I just..."
"I know flo I get it."
"Don't say anything please."
"I won't, so how's it going?"
"It's not going."

Now it was Harry's turn to stop.
"Why what did he do?"
"He hasn't talked to me is weeks. Not since that night."
"What why not?"
"I think he regrets it" I admit.
"There's no way, he's an idiot."
I laughed, a genuine laugh.
"Thanks Harry."
"Hey just for the record any guy who treats you like that is mental."
I turned and hugged tight.
"Thank you Harry for everything."
"Your welcome flo."

When we got back to the castle I was feeling better already. Knowing Harry knew and he wasn't mad or anything made me feel better.
I had such great friends.

*Harry's pov*

When we got back to the castle I noticed that Florence was in a better mood than she had been all week.
I know now what she was going through and it made me angry that Cedric would do something like that to someone like flo. I had to do something. It was clear that Cedric wasn't suffering as much as she was and I wasn't going to let my best friend be upset about a guy.