chapter 28

*Florence's pov*

My smile quickly faded.

This wasn't happening.

It couldn't be.

In front of me was Harry in historical crying. And under him was Cedric. Why wasn't he moving?
And why was Harry crying?

I think I already knew the answers.
No he couldn't be he was fine.
He told me he would be fine.

He promised.

I pushed my way through the crowd that had gathered, shoving people out of the way. I heard Hermione and Ron yelling my name but they soon faded in the back of my mind. Their yells were just background noise.

When I finally got up to the front I saw Cedric's dad fall to the ground.

"My boy!! That's my boy!!" He screamed out. I could hear the pain in his voice. As he crawled over to him wrapping his arms around him.

Harry being dragged away by professor mad eye Moody.
Still crying historically.

I wasn't able to see what was happening. My eyes filled with tears. They started streaming down my face uncontrollably. My hands shaking.

I hadn't even noticed Cedric's dad turned around to look at me until he motioned me over. Tears also coating his face. I was shocked at first but slowly walked up to him. My legs felt like jelly. It took everything in me to try to keep myself up.

"Come here sweet girl" he said putting a hand on my back as I crouched down.

And there he was.
He was spread out on the ground.
His face had lost all the color in it.
His eyes wide open staring back at me
His mouth slightly agape.
He just looked so...

Lifeless.

I couldn't help but reach out to him, hugging his torso. One of my hands reaching down and interlocking with his. His hand felt so cold. It too lost all of its color.

This couldn't really be happening.
Why was this happening?

"You promised" I whispered even though he couldn't hear me.

"You promised you'd be ok. That you would come back to me." I sobbed into his shirt.

I felt a hand rubbing my back but I didn't care. All I wanted was Cedric. I needed him. I needed his touch. His smile. His voice. I needed everything about him.

"We didn't have enough time. Our story just begun" I whispered.

"Honey they have to take him" his mother said from beside me. Her voice cracking mid sentence.

I couldn't say anything I didn't want to. I couldn't let go of him not yet. If we just had a little more time. If you never would have entered this stupid tournament. If you would have listened to me when I told him it was dangerous.

If I didn't get so attached then maybe I could save myself this hurt and heartbreak.

Damn Cedric Diggory for being himself.

His goofy, funny, loving self. It was so easy for me to fall for him. How couldn't I? He was sweet and caring. Always looking out for others even when he needs someone.

The best friend someone could ask for. Always giving advice and making sure his friends are ok.

And an even better boyfriend. Always helping me through whatever I had going on. Caring for me like no one had ever before. And yes at sometimes I wanted to slap him in his perfect face. But others I wanted to kiss him all over.