chapter 27

*Cedric's pov*

As I turn and walk into the maze I can't help but look back at her.
Giving her a small smile after seeing the worry on her face.

Everything was going to be ok. I would be fine and I would win this for her.

I had to win this.

Soon the maze closes itself and I was met with nothing but darkness and paths. I had to find the cup before another champion. Easy right? I mean how hard could it really be.

I started to walk forward further into the darkness. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared because I was. I had no idea what this maze held and I had to wander about it in pure blindness.

I finally came to a stop when I saw the paths in front of me. I could either go left or right. I had to be the one to make the decision. Whatever I choose will lead me my fate. Where did I go?
This was all so stressful.

I finally made the decision by going left. I was confident in my decision.

Walking I pulled my wand out of my pocket. Putting it in front of me I whispered "Lumos" and light suddenly emerged from it top.

Using it to lead the way I started taking turns any time they presented themselves.

I took another right after the other letting my gut decide for me. When I rounded the corner I was met with a black mist. It was swirling around in circles and then it started to form into something.

I knew what it was. A boggart.
They turned into your biggest fear.
I was scare that I had to face it.

Soon enough it turned into...

Florence?

What was happening? Why was she here? She needed to leave.

"Flo what are you doing here?" I asked staring right at her.

"What do you mean?" She says oblivious.

"I mean how did you get here?"

"I don't know I was in the stands but now I'm here" she confesses, confused.

"You need to leave, now" I start making my way towards her reaching out to her.

Then suddenly she's gone.

I don't even know how or where.
I start frantically looking around for her. Or any sign of where she went.
This can't be happening. Dumbledore wouldn't go that far to put a student in danger.
Although he did host this tournament.

"Flo where are you!" I cry out frantically. Panic starting to fill my body.

No answer.

Where would she go?

"Cedric!" I hear her scream.

I turn around and there she is. Some man holding a knife to her throat.
My eyes widen. Who the hell is that? And what is he doing with Florence.

"Florence!" I say pulling my wand in front of me.

The man starts to push the knife into her throat more and more. Not enough to cut her but if he kept going it would.

"Hey! Let her go now!" I start to walk up to him.

He keeps pushing it and I start to freak out. But then it hits me. This is an obstacle. None of this is real. Florence isn't actually here and neither is that man. It's all just an illusion. They're trying to test me.
See if I'll break or give up.
But it won't work.

I pull my wand in front of me and say
"Ridiculous" making him fly back and into the bush.

I look around trying to find Florence but she's no where to be seen.
First obstacle complete.