chapter 5

*Florence pov*

It's been a week since my interaction with cedric. I've done pretty well to stay away from him. The only interaction we had was when we met eyes during dinner for only a split second. I looked away but I still felt his eyes burning into the back of my head the rest of the night.

Me and hermione we're sitting in the great hall, the tables pushed to the side. We were sitting on the benches they put in there when we heard laughing and people talking. "C'mon ced" "do it ced". Cedric and his friend's walked into the hall. They pushed cedric past the age line as he put his name in the goblet. I rolled my eyes, of course he would put his name in. I mean he is pretty boy diggory.

He put his name in and we made eye contact. The one thing I was trying not to do. He winked at me and turned to his friends laughing as they all huddled around him. God he looked so good, he was soaked his hair wet. Water dripping down his face. He was so handsome. What was I thinking I can't be falling for him I just can't.

Just then Fred and George came into the hall. "We did it" "gather round folks". They gave high fives to other students as the walked up the benches. Guess they had finally made that age potion. "It's not going to work" sang hermione. "Oh yeah?" "Why's that granger?". Fred and George huddled around me and hermione Fred next to me. "See that line, it's an age line" "so?" "Ugh so someone like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as idiotic as an aging potion" "oh but that's why it's so brilliant" "because he's so pathetically dim witted".
"Ready fred" "ready george" "bottoms up". They both drank the potion and jumped off the bench over the age line. "Yeah" the high-fived each other and put their names in. Suddenly they both blasted back and hit the floor.

When they got up they both had beards like Dumbledore. I couldn't stop laughing, hermione didn't find it as funny. She hit my arm with her book but that didn't stop me. We all stoped laughing when Victor crum walked in. He walked into the age line and dropped his name in. Before he left he have hermione a smirk and walked away. Oh I so was going to question her about that tonight.

*Time skip to night of the choosing*

Me, hermione, harry, and ron sat down on the benches as we waited for the choosing of the champions. Dumbledore started his speech but I wasn't really listening. That is until I saw the goblet shoot blue flames out until a piece of parchment came out. "The Durmstrang champion... Victor crum!". Cheers were heard everywhere, especially from ron. The goblet then shot another piece of parchment. "The Bouboxtons champion... Fluer Delacor". Cheers were again heard again.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric diggory!" Loud cheers were heard as cedric walked up to Dumbledore and shook his hand. He turned around and met my eyes. He smiled at me and walked straight into the same door as the others did. For some reason him getting picked made me upset. I mean he entered a tournament for what? Eternal glory? He could die and he didn't even care. The only thing he cared about was being popular.

My thoughts were cut short when the goblet shot another name out. "Harry Potter?" No that can't be right. He's not old enough, and harry wouldn't do that. I mean he's the last person to want eternal glory, he's got plenty.
"HARRY POTTER" Dumbledore yelled. He sounded angry. Hermione pushed Harry up and he went to Dumbledore and walked into the room.

*Time skip*

After dinner I waited outside the great hall. "Are you sure you don't want to come to the common room?" "Yeah I'm fine I'm just going to wait here, go make sure harry's ok I'll be fine". Hermione left with ron behind her. He was mad that Harry got picked. Even though he wasn't of age.

I waited for about 30 minutes when cedric came out with his friends laughing about something stupid. I got up from my seat and walked up to him and his friend's. "Can we talk, alone?" "Uh yeah sure". He told his friends to leave. He was about to say something when I beat him to it.
"What the hell is wrong with you, why would you enter a tournament that you could get hurt in?. Do you really not care about your life or do you only care about popularity! I mean God diggory what the hell is your problem?!". He looked shocked, he soon regained himself and spoke. "Why do you care so much about what I do or if I get hurt?" "I don't" "you don't? Then why did you just spend that whole time waiting out here just so you could tell me how stupid I am, huh?" He took a couple steps towards me as I stepped back.

I was absolutely speechless. No words came to mind I was to focused on him getting closer and closer to me by every step. "No words Jones, I'm shocked". I soon hit the wall but he kept stepping closer and closer until he was less then two inches away from my face. "You know I didn't just enter this tournament for glory, I don't want glory. I want to make my dad happy". I still couldn't get anything out I was distracted by how close his lips were to mine. I kept looking down from his eyes to his lips. He inched closer to me his lips almost touching mine. I so badly wanted to close the gap.

Just as I thought he was going to he moved back and smirked. "See you tomorrow Jones" was all he said as he walked away towards the Hufflepuff common room. Leaving me there speechless.

I slowly walked back to the common room and headed to the girls dorm. When I got in Hermione was there reading a book. " Where have you been, are you alright?" "I'm fine just still shaking up about tonight". She took that answer and with that shut off her light and went to bed. I couldn't sleep though my mind was occupied with the events from tonight. That's when I realized.

I almost kissed Cedric diggory

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, I know that this chapter is short but I didn't know what else to write.

How are you guys feeling about the story so far?

We finally got a kinda spicy moment between Florence and Cedric.

I hope you liked this chapter.

Tell me what else you would like to see between Florence and Cedric in the comments.