chapter 9

*Florence pov*

The ball was one week away and I still had no one to go with. More people asked me but I said no. I don't know why but it felt wrong going with anyone else.

Me, harry, hermione, and ron we're all sitting outside on the grass in the courtyard. Hermione was studying and harry and ron we're playing chess.

I was just reading a muggle book called little women. Hermione got it for me last year for Christmas.

It was little moments like these that made life worth it. Just being around them made me happy. They were my best friends and they were all I needed.

"Aha I win" harry yelled. "Oh shut it I let you win" "sure Ronald" I said turning my book page.
Just then Louis came over to us with a wide smile on his face.

"Hello Florence" "hey Louis" I said while shutting my book. We haven't really talked since the library. We had little conversations here and there, he was really nice. "Uh can I talk to you for a moment" "uh sure, guys I'll be right back". I got up and hermione gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes and left.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked as we sat down on a bench.
"Well, I wanted to ask you something" "ok what is it?" "I was wondering if you would like to go to the yule ball with me?" He said making flowers appear. I was speechless, what was I supposed to say. The ball was in 1 week and I had a feeling that I wouldn't get asked out again.

"So, what do you say? Will you go to the ball with me?"

"Yes".

*Cedric's pov*

Today was the day I was going to ask florence if she would go to the ball with me. I had been wanting to ask her for awhile now but I didn't know how to do it.

I had bought flowers for her and chocolate. I hope she likes chocolate.
I didn't really know I just hoped she did.

I was on my way to the courtyard to ask her. I had asked one of her friends ginny where she was. When I got there she wasn't there it was just her friends. I decided to look around when I found her talking to some blonde guy. She looked shocked.

I got close but not to close. Close enough to hear what they were saying. "So what do you say? Will you go to the ball with me?"

He had just asked her to the ball. I was going to do that. But what shocked me was what she said.

"Yes".

My face went blank. My heart dropped

Of course she said yes. He's handsome and I'm me. Pretty boy diggory.
I have girls chasing after me everyday. But the thing was that I didn't care.
I only cared about one girl.

I didn't have time to think more before they parted ways. I got up before they could see me and left.

I was now walking in the corridors thinking. Why did I think I had a chance, I mean she's been mean to me and snapped at me. How could I be so blind. I really thought I could have a shot. I mean she's beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking. She's smart, kind, passionate and so many other things.

That's when I bumped into cho Chang and her friends. They were giggling about something.

"Hi cedric" cho said batting her eyes. It was freaking me out how much she did it. "Hi cho" I said tiredly. I wasn't in the mood. Me and cho had a thing going for awhile but broke up when she wanted to explore her options.

Guess she was done and wanted me back. I then remember I didn't have a date to the ball. I had to ask someone, I was a champion and I had to dance first. I really didn't want to do it but what choice did I have.

"Cho, would you um, would you like to go the the ball with me" it was just hard to say. I didn't want to go with her but I had no choice.

"Of course ced I would love to go with you" she squealed and hugged me.
"Are these for me" she pointed at the flowers and chocolate.

"Uh yeah it is, u didn't know what you liked so". She grabbed it out of my hands and smiled "thanks ced, I'll see you soon" she blew me a kiss and left giggling with her friends.

I walked to my room and fell on my bed. I was going to the ball with someone I didn't want to.

*Florence pov*

I was walking back to my friends thinking about Louis and the ball.
I do t know why but I felt weird about saying yes. There was this knot in my stomach after.

I sat down and kept my eyes forward. Hermione must have noticed because she put a hand in my shoulder.
"Are you ok flo?" She asked with concern in her voice. "Yeah I'm fine"
I think they all could tell I was lying but didn't press it.

When we went to dinner Louis was staring at me from the Ravenclaw table. I broke eye contact and looked anywhere else. And guess who I made eye contact with.

Cedric diggory.

He was already staring at me with a sad look. My expression immediately fell. He looked so sad I just wanted to hug him. I couldn't look away.

He broke eye contact and started talking to his friends.
"Flo c'mon let's get a seat before it gets full" said harry grabbing my wrists.

After dinner we went to the common room and sat on the couches. Harry was next to me, hermione was in a chair, and ron was on the other sofa.

"Anyone up for a game of chess?" Ron said. "I think it's to late mate" Harry said. Ron just groaned in response.
"Are you ok?" Harry whispered to me.
"Yeah I'm fine why" "you seem all tense" they knew me so well. They could tell when I was lying and when I was upset.

"I'm fine just tired" "you know if there was anything you could tell me, right"
"It really is nothing harry" "I'm your best friend you can tell me anything, you know that right?" "Yes I know" he nodded his head and stared at the fire.

Later that night I was in my room when I remembered the letter my parents sent me a week ago. I had been so caught up in everything that I forgot. I pulled it out of my drawer and read it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Florence,

We hope you're doing good. We miss you so much. I heard your school is holding the Triwizard tournament.
What fun. Your mother is worried that it's dangerous but I think it's great.

Don't tell your mother but I think if I was old enough I would enter. Of course your mother would call me an idiot.
We miss you very much, and we can't wait to see you for Christmas.

Be safe and have fun. I love you flo flo.

                      Sincerely,
                         Dad
-----------------------------------------------------------

I put down the letter and grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote a simple but loving response back. After that I climbed into bed.

I had a million things going through my mind when I turned the light off and tried to go to sleep.

But nothing really worked.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's note

Hey guys I know this chapter isn't that long but I didn't really have that many ideas.

The next chapters are going to be good

Tell me if you guys like the book so far.