„You're so beautiful."

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

-
"Intubate!" The doctors were fighting for y/n's life. She had lost a lot of blood, which made the whole thing much more difficult.
...
"Scalpel... Scissor..." One of the surgeons tried to stabilize the badly injured woman on the table. Again and again, the assistants handed him various instruments on command. "Pulse at 55!" The doctor looked up excitedly. "Administer double IV!" Quickly, one of the assistants fetched the bag and connected it.
...
"She's stable!" Relieved, the surgeon brushed the sweat from his forehead. The others also exhaled audibly. "You can start suturing now." He disappeared from the room after hours of struggling, exhausted.

...

The Colonel had been sitting in the same place for half a day, racking his brain. About how all this could have happened in the first place and how it could have been avoided. The uncertainty of y/n's condition was killing him and was almost unbearable. He still had all the blood of her on his hands. Suddenly Miles heard a door open, which made him look up. The doctor came up to him and he stood up. "Is she alive?!" Quaritch couldn't help himself. "She's stable and being stitched up right now. As soon as she's wheeled into the ICU, you can see her." Relieved, Miles stroked his face. "You might want to get some rest. You don't have to be a doctor to see the bags under your eyes." Puzzled, he looked down at the human. "I can take that." The surgeon shrugged. "And you should go wash up. Now, if you'll excuse me." Already he was gone and the Colonel stood alone.

...

Again, an hour passed until something finally happened. The door of the operating room opened and two nurses pushed y/n in a bed outside. Quick as a flash, Miles got up and ran toward it. One of the nurses raised her hand placatingly. "Sir please we need to get her to the ward first." Impatiently he made room for them but followed immediately.

"I'm sorry but you're too heavy for the elevator, you'll have to take the stairs." Sighing in annoyance, Miles sped to the stairs and literally ran up them. Once at the top, he was there before the elevator. The nurses looked at the avatar in surprise, but no longer cared.

Y/n was pushed into a single room and connected to various cables. Attentively the Colonel followed everything. Her intubation tube was removed and the anesthetic was interrupted. "She'll now slowly wake up over the next few hours. She may be a little confused because of the painkillers, etc. Just FYI." Quaritch nodded and sat down diagonally across from him in a corner. The nurses checked everything again and then disappeared from the room.
-

...

I noticed light and a steady beeping. It seemed to be quite distant. Am I dead? No it became brighter and suddenly I could faintly make out a room. My breathing quickened in panic. The last thing I remembered was the eerie pain and fear of death. The beeping suddenly accelerated. I heard a voice and the next moment a blurry blue figure appeared above me. "Hey hey y/n it's all good you're in the hospital." Panicked, I grabbed its arm. "It's all good." I felt a hand gently caress my head and slowly I became a little clearer. I recognized Miles in front of me and calmed down. However, fatigue caught up with me abruptly. "Miles what happened?" My voice broke and my body forced me to close my eyes again. "The anesthesia isn't completely out yet you ha-..." That was all I could hear.

-
The Colonel stood by y/n's bed and regarded her. Her arm let go of him again, leaving a slight tingle. He ignored it and sat back in his corner, exhausted. He sat there for a while, staring at the bed from afar until his lack of sleep caught up with him. Annoyed, he rubbed his eyes and tried to fight it. He couldn't allow himself to be careless now. She could wake up at any moment. But not moments later, he lost the battle and fell asleep.
-

Again I woke up, but this time normally. I blinked cautiously around the room, trying to realize everything. Never before had I felt so dazed. I saw Miles leaning quietly against the wall with his eyes closed. Was he asleep? Only now did I notice the deep circles under his eyes. But that did not change his striking face. I wanted to get up and go to him. I tried to lift my legs out of bed and saw thick bandages, but strangely enough I had no pain.

Slowly I sat up and put my feet on the floor. With wobbly legs, I stood up and tried to start walking. But myvbody didn't want to go the way I wanted and I fell to the ground in one bound. I pulled a few things down with me which created a lot of noise. "Argh damn it." I cursed. Suddenly I heard fast footsteps. "Hey oh god y/n you need to stay in the bed what are you doing!" Miles came up to me and picked me up off the floor. (Bride still) I looked at him dazedly while he held me in his arms and had to smile slightly. "You're so beautiful." Abruptly he stopped and returned my gaze in shock. He paused and froze for a moment until he caught himself again. "You're not yourself y/n. You're pumped full of painkillers and the anesthesia isn't completely out of your system yet." That was true I felt like my head was a cotton ball. He put me back in bed and covered me up. Still I followed him with a tired look. Miles pulled up a chair and sat by my bed. I put my hand on his arm, which made him look up in surprise. I had to smile again, as if in a trance. "I'm serious." He eyed my face and pressed his lips together. "Like I said you're not yourself." "Yesh Ih am..." My hand wandered to his face but he stopped it. He exhaled audibly with his eyes closed. "Y/n I-." He shook his head and put my hand back to me. "Sleep it off."

No sooner said than done. Fatigue was catching up with my body anyway, and I closed my eyes.

...

I didn't know how much time had passed but I woke up with a jolt because of my dream (the memories of the accident). What I directly regret for the deep pain that went through my body. I groaned. "Slow down y/n." Miles held my upper body and laid me back down. Still he sat in the same chair next to me. "What?" "What's wrong?" he asked, slightly horrified. "I-I remember." "Oh right. The doctors said it would take a while." Carefully, I lifted the blanket a bit and looked at my injuries. "How bad was it?" I asked, though I already knew the answer. "You almost died." He answered quietly. I had to swallow and lowered the blanket again. Now I had become much clearer in my head.

But I remembered his reaction when I was hurt. How he had apologized and held me in his arms. Goose bumps came over me.

...

Time passed in which I only stared at the ceiling. A lot of time. I noticed that it had become quiet next to me. I turned my head towards Miles and saw him resting his head on his hand and sleeping again. I looked at his tired face with wide eyes. Even without my drowsiness I had the same opinion but somehow...different. I stared at him and could not stop myself from touching his skin. Carefully I traced his contours and gently touched his injuries.

I was startled when the door of my room opened. Quick as a flash I pulled my hand away again and looked at it. Miles also startled and rubbed his face in embarrassment. Our eyes met briefly until we turned our attention to the doctor coming in.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Sorry for those who hoped that she would get an avatar body but my plans are different sooo. Also it would make no sense. Anyways I ran in the cinema for the 3rd time... AND I LOVE IT 💀 (1350 words)//